cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling CAPTCHA Nonsense

For several weeks now (and not ever before) I’ve been challenged by a CAPTCHA when attempting to access my feedback record (after I’ve signed in to my eBay account).  I’ve been a registered user since 2001.  The CAPTCHA has been a minor nuisance, but today it doesn’t even appear.  I get this familiar message, which now leads nowhere:

Please verify yourself to continue.                

To keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, we will occasionally ask you to verify yourself. This helps us to block unauthorized users from entering our site.

Please verify yourself

If you are having difficulties with rendering of images on the above verification page, eBay suggests using the latest version of your browser, or an alternate browser listed on the customer service page.

The message doesn’t present a CAPTCHA as it had until today.  There is no way to access a variety of basic features of the website.  The highlighted “customer service page” link leads nowhere.     

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Disabling CAPTCHA Nonsense

That link leads to a page with a list of recommended browsers: Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Which browsers have you tried? Try the latest version of a new browser with default settings and no add-ons installed, and see if that works better for you.

Check to make sure you have the latest version of your current browser and to see if you have cookies and JavaScript enabled here:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Same issue here.  Don't make the mistake of signing out and signing back in as you will be in the  non-working CAPTCHA and not have the ability to access your account.   This is more than a clear your cache problem and it's occurring on Chrome and Edge.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If you are still having a problem, try using the eBay app instead of a browser.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I am having the same issue. It is happening on all web browsers. It is clearly a website problem.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

There seem to be some current reports about this on downdetector, though some of the users experiencing this problem say that they are able to sign in now.

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

If you are still having a problem, try a private or incognito browser window to sign in, or else try using the eBay app, then try your regular browser again later to see if the problem has been fixed.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I did try incognito earlier with Chrome to no avail.  I just went to the Help link in the eBay app and the non-working CAPTCHA is there too.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'm in, links working 😊

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Back working here for me.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I also experienced this issue but I have found a way, press Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+R to force reload the page, keep pressing this key combination until it appears

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I am in Canada and am also having this issue. I use Chrome

Message 11 of 11
latest reply