cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Pays By Check - Ebay Won't Let Me Print A Shipping Label

I have 1 customer who pays by check. I mark the sale as Paid, and that is recognized in sales details with the date paid. When I then go to print the shipping label, Ebay says THE ITEM CANNOT BE FOUND, so there is no way to print a label. And up until that point if I want to ship, Ebay says the item has not been paid and everything is grayed out with no shipping option so I can't get a label for the sale there either. I have to go outside ebay to USPS, put all the details in and print my label there which is very annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Checks are not acceptable forms of payment unless it is a local pick up item. It will show as not paid since the payment processor doesn't indicate a receipt of payment. 
If this is a regular customer how have you printed a label in the past? 
Your only option for a shipping label is to use Pirate Ship or other online shipping service.

The post office is an option as well.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Actually checks are acceptable, but I did not have them check marked as an accepted form of payment in my Ebay templates. I had them enabled in the past but something changed. So hoping that will change things  and they will allow me to print a label for him now, we'll see. As of now I have to go to USPS Click and Ship which is OK but it means I have to leave ebay and do extra work... I just need to find out how to revise 6000 active listings and get checks accepted for payment. It's possible things changed when Ebay took over payments from Paypal................

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You cannot mark your account to accept checks.  Managed Payments through Ayden requires your buyers pay through eBay checkout.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I know checks were accepted in the past...but this is the present.

I had gotten a few a long long time ago...and had to mark payment received.

And with managed payments some things might have changed.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I believe checks are still available but only in specific categories. OP should go to the help page and search “accepted payment methods” to get the details of where they are allowed. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When eBay started transitioning to electronic payment only, I think at one time, eBay still allowed a seller to accept checks, money orders, but you were not allowed to ask the buyer to pay with a check or money order or have in your listing say "Checks Accepted" as payment.  A buyer could email you and ask if they can send a check or money order and of course probably most sellers would be okay with it, because there was no credit card fee.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I guess when you take a check or money order, you have to mark the item shipped and like you said, buy the postage at USPS.  If it is a more expensive item you probably get USPS Ground Advantage (which includes a tracking number and up to $100 insurance).  Then you have to upload the tracking number to eBay.   I guess you don't  get an eBay label with postage discount since its not electronic payment. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply