cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing url to have new store name

I’ve read comments about this before but I can’t remember if there is a solution.  If a seller changes their store name is there a way to update the store address so that the new name is part of the url? 

Asking for another poster but it would be interesting to know if there is a way to do that.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changing url to have new store name

Previously there was a mechanism to change the store URL by reverting to an old store format, but that technique no longer works, from what I understand.

I believe that @shipscript  mentioned that it was possible to unsubscribe from a store, then wait a bit and resubscribe using the new store name to generate a new store URL. Unfortunately, if the store name is currently in use at the time of the un-subscription, the user may have to wait up to thirty days for the name to become available again.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

@eburtonlab 

The only current method for changing the URL to match the store name is to end the store and open a new store with the name you want. Then the URL will match. However, if you already have the store name you want, then you will have to wait 30 days after closing your store, before opening a new one, because eBay keeps the old name available for 30 days in case the store owners has a change of heart.

There is a discussion here that touches on many of the details: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Changing-your-eBay-Store-URL/m-p/32575549

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your replies! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply