cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send invoice for combined items, has been a problem for almost a week, when will ebay fix it

Cannot send invoice for combined items. This has been a problem for almost a week.

Have contacted ebay 3 times regarding this.  First time, person said they would forward my concern to "technical", that they would be in touch with me within 24 hours (of course nobody got in touch with me) and that it should be fixed with 24 hours (of course it wasn't fixed).  Second person had no knowledge of my issue, and gave me a few work-arounds, none of which worked around. Blamed it on browser, cache, etc. No help.  Third person told me it was a "known technical issue" (alas, finally someone acknowledged the PROBLEM) and ebay is working on it.  Still can't send combined invoice.  Trying to run a business here, ebay .. please help!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Cannot send invoice for combined items, has been a problem for almost a week, when will ebay fix it

Hi, I've talked to 3 reps also. Most of them act like they know nothing about selling on here. They can't figure out what I am talking about. It has been 3 days I have great repeat customers waiting. Lots of other discussions on this in the Community. I try 10-15 times a day on 3 different browsers. IT DOESN'T WORK!  velvet@ebay in technical problems is trying to open tickets and help us.  She has posts in the Community under Technical Problems. Combined shipping invoices is one of the most used functions I need. I am going to have almost no pay out next week.  I have complained from the invoice page 2 times every time I "TRY AGAIN LATER".  If I get any farther behind I am going on vacation until it's fixed.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Just curious- why not tell customers to pay as listed and when you create shipping label, you will refund the difference? 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

because the customer doesn't trust you and doesn't want to pay more than due.

On mine it wouldn't send invoice for more than 6 items so had to send several on one  order I had with 25 combined items.  On my other store it sometimes wouldn't send 3 and I had to break up and send 2 items, then one. And having to adjust shipping on all. Very annoying. No answer from eBay. Tried different browsers and even different computer.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The only thing I found to make it work is to send individual invoices or  6 or less items at a time and adjust the shipping myself.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

6 or less items is not the answer.....tried that....didn't work

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

"6 or less items is not the answer.....tried that....didn't work"

On some I had could only send two items at a time. Very time consuming, had to adjust shipping on each.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Because the total shipping cost for 24 items is over $500.  Why should a very good customer have to pay an insane amount for shipping, and then wait for a refund? And probably another 7 days for the refund to process through their account.  Because I haven't been able to send a "combined" invoice, they would probably  have to make 24 individual payments.  Seems to me that the marketplace (ebay) should be able to provide a more friendly and seamless payment process.  Apparently there is a glitch .. so fix it! In the meantime, over 10 days now,  payout is affected.  But my bills are still due.  Does ebay care?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Just curious- why not tell customers to pay as listed and when you create shipping label, you will refund the difference? 

Last I knew ebay charges 30 cents per order on top of the percentage, so if they sold 20 items, the seller would be out $6 doing it that way.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply