cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update my credit card information.

Can't update my credit card information on the eBay website. The credit card is exactly the same as the previous one, I've just got a new expiration date and presumably a new 3 digit security code ( I think). Getting an error message saying that eBay cannot verify my card. Yet at every OTHER website I use (like Amazon, paypal, etc) there was no problem whatsoever in updating my credit card information. In other words, I use this card all over the internet, but ONLY the eBay website wouldn't cooperate. This leads me to think it's certainly a problem on ebay's side.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Try deleting the old card and adding it as a new card; sometimes just changing the expiration date and security code is not enough.

After several tries you may be locked out; in that case, try again tomorrow.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I think I already tried that and it didn't work. I did an online chat with an eBay representative, and they didn't have any helpful answers for me. They essentially said they would pass my problem up the chain of command, and that I should try again in 48 hours. What **bleep** me off is that this credit card works fine all around town, and all over the internet, except on eBay!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

eBay is not letting me update my cards either - none of them grrr

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Here's what ended up working. I went to eBay to buy something. Since I was trying to make a purchase, the eBay system prompted me to update my credit card. It seemed to work.

But here's the tricky part... I'm also an eBay seller, and I still can't make my updated credit card cover my selling costs. So right now, my selling costs are covered by my linked  checking account. It's not ideal for me, but at least it's working.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've run into the same problem and can't add my CC to my eBay account. The credit card is exactly the same as the previous one. I just tried to update the expiration date and the 3 digit security code. eBay portal prints an Error message saying that eBay cannot verify my card.  I even tried deleting the CC and adding it back again. No go.  Software bug! 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply