cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Upload a Video to my Ebay Listing

I have tried many times, and I'm sick of it.

I have had this problem in the past, and again today. I try to upload a video to my Ebay listing. It simply won't work. At first, it will get stuck at some percentage (47% or 52%) and sit there forever.

I try again, and I will get a blue check mark, which I would ASSUME means the upload was successful, but no, it means nothing of the kind and apparently is stuck again. I tried several times with the blue check mark, the last time, I waited for over 1 hour , then I click "revise it" and I get a message that my video is still uploading.

The video file is 34.7 MB in size.

So I had to upload the video to Youtube, and include a link in the description, which is not desirable. I'm sure there are many viewers who don't like clicking on outside links.

Granted, I have a very slow DSL internet connection, but it uploads to Youtube just fine, and I have been able to upload videos to Ebay before, but once again, today it's just not working.

FIX THIS please. This has happened in the past, and I cant believe I"m still having this problem.

ebay issue.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't Upload a Video to my Ebay Listing

Copied from the on going issues thread. 

“Sellers are reporting they are unable to upload a video on their listings it get stuck then gets error Video failed to upload (December 17, 2022 - April 4, 2023)

Reference ID: ALERT14357”

I found that the easiest and most effective way to add videos is directly from my phone to the listing using the desktop version on my browser. 

I haven’t needed to but clearing cache, history, etc may help. Also try different browsers. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your response. At least it is a known issue.  With that information you posted, I can at least try different ways to upload a video, for example trying the Ebay app on phone rather than Firefox Browser on my laptop (which doesn't work). 

Or I can try a different browser on laptop, or chrome browser on phone etc.  

thanks again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ebay has still not fixed this. I just tried uploading a video for a new listing. Upload gets stuck at 26% and sits there. I've tried two different computers, different browsers, and my mobile phone. The ebay Mobile app will not allow videos to be uploaded at all apparently,............ that's absolutely genius. I never would have thought of that Ebay 🙄

So I uploaded to Youtube, and provided a link in the description, however, in the Ebay mobile app, the link will not open and run.

Again, great job Ebay. I think  what will work, is if I bring my laptop to my library (with super-fast upload speeds) and it WILL allow me to upload the video. So it has something to do with slow upload speed (which I have at home). But why can I easily upload to Youtube?? and not Ebay? 

Not everyone has 8 Billion Gigabits per picosecond upload speeds.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Same here, still a problem. Unable to upload a video through any of the methods suggested for my listing. Ebay gotta get their stuff together, it's 2024..

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have found that if I take my laptop, or phone to my local library, which has a much much faster Internet upload speed, then I can upload the video to eBay. At home, I have a pathetically slow, ( approximately .96 MB per second upload speed), which apparently causes issues with eBay. I don't see why it should, because it works just fine uploading videos to YouTube and elsewhere,( it just takes a long time) but eBay doesn't like it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply