cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Stop eBay Message Spam

I'm at wits' end at this point. 

Since a week or so ago, for the first time ever, eBay itself started spamming me with multiple messages a day about content, promotions and deals I don't care about.

I went to Communication settings, and unticked and unsubscribed from virtually anything and everything I could find.

And although I am not receiving multiple messages a day anymore, I am *still* receiving these accursed 'Night Time is the Right Time for eBay Deals' messages.

Is it even possible to completely opt out of all forms of eBay's message spam, or have they become as anti-consumer as YouTube, which gives you the illusion of choice but ignores everything you set along the way?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Can't Stop eBay Message Spam

I have the same problem - no way to stop them. 😞

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yes, please stop sending them! 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

P.S. Addition: Since posting my previous post-complaint, i have not received any such suggestion from eBay - i wonder if they also read what we write here... ;))
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Any news? I have the same problem and I can't stok that spam like the night time is the right time **bleep**

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I would like also to stop them in my account...
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It's a **bleep** disgrace.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Now they have changed that Night Time is the Right Time for eBay Deals  with  Go green with eco-friendly items - there is no salvation.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I would like also to stop them in my account...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I think you can do it in your 'communications preferences'.   At the bottom of the email there's an unsubscribe link.

Problem is it takes you to a page with 30 different checkboxes, and no proper description on what each one does.  They've obviously done it that way on purpose.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Same problem 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have the same problem here.

Living in Denmark, unsolicited add messages or emails, unsolicited sales phonecalls and unsolicitated snailmail printed catalogs are forbidden by law. (Saved a major forrest, that last one)

On my mailbox outside, I have a sticker that says: No thank you to advertising.

Postmen are required by law to respect that.

Unsolicited emails are expensive. For the sender.  You can get a fine up to several dollars for each email sent.

Each recipient counting for one !

Sending out, f. instance, 300.000 mails gets costly, very, very fast.

But here on ebay, I appear to have NO way to block advertising messages in my message list.

They are annoying and I put them in trash without reading.

It just would be nice if I could flag them as unwanted.

Mike

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

They are so annoying, i have the same problem, ebay is spamming with offers, deals etc, i tried to find option to unsubscribe or to turn off but unsuccessful  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply