cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs In New 2022 Listing Tool

Where do I start?   

1) Templates are Broken - I use a lot of listing templates because I sell a bunch of similar (but not exactly the same) items.  Most of the info in the templates has been pre-filled.  When I use the new listing tool, none of the template inforrmation in the Item Specifics auto populates which causes me to have to enter all of the information from scratch which takes considerable longer.

2) Text Entry Glitches - When entering information into the Item Secifics fields, the field takes the 1st letter I type and then will not accept any additional letters until I click on the field again and continue to type.  I suspect that this is a result of the auto populate AI function, but it is incredibly frustrating when #1 above is an issue.

3) Saving Drafts Volume Pricing - When creating a listing and saving it as a draft, the volume pricing reverts back to being turned offf even though I have selected it and turned on that option in the listing before saving it.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bugs In New 2022 Listing Tool

I'm new at trying to place existing listings into eBay store categories, but neither the old nor the advanced listing tool seem to be working.  I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to clean up my listings for about a week now so that I can avoid error messages and be ableto add them to categories in my store. I  imagined this would be a much easier process. Just shoot me now. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have had issues myself, Sales are already slow, now listing stuff taking more time.  Geez

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If I try and insert a template, the INSERT / MANAGE prompts pop up too far away to click on them - they are way over to the right of the description box - also doing everything from scratch now. Unable to use my already created templated 😞

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I am having the same problem with templates!! The insert is way too far away and not being able to use templates is making listing sooo slow! What are the options for contacting someone about the issue?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have been remodeling a client's kitchen so admittedly have not entered new listings in the last 45 days or so. However, now trying to add a lot of new inventory, and have noticed that the "sell similar item" no longer functions properly. 

As an example, if I wanted to sell Moog XYZ bushing, historically I would choose Moog ABC bushing, click on "sell similar item", then search for Moog XYZ, select the item which would prepopulate eBay's cataloged picture and vehicle compatibility information automatically. Perhaps the weight may be an ounce or so different, but otherwise, the item description (I have standardized descriptions), postage methods, etc. would be ready, then I "list item", and boom...I am done. One- or two-minutes max!

Now, when I select "sell similar item", the next page is "complete your listing". Why would I want to complete a listing for the exact same item? The button says similar...not exact.

When exactly did eBay break this feature, and why?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thinking there are still bugs in the listing tool regarding Item Specifics.

1. Using a Template to create a listing and the template has Item Specifics set. -> Create Listing -> Sometimes the Item Specifics that were set in the template get removed. Other times, they are initially there, but after adding images and an item title, the Item Specifics that were set then suddenly disappear.

This is highly annoying. I want the Item Specifics that I set on the Template to always be there when I create a listing with the template. I don't want to waste my time re-setting them for each listing. 

2. In other instances, I set the Item Specifics and go to launch the item, and it errors saying required Item Specifics are missing. (The exact ones that I set). 

3. There is sometimes a major lag for the screen to paint with the Item Specifics section in the listing tool. I watch it fade in and out as it's trying to load. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds until the page fully loads.  This makes the listing process longer.

I'm using the Chrome browser.

Please let me know if this is a known issue and/or when will there be a fix?

In my opinion, the older eBay listing tools were more reliable. I don't know why you have to keep changing things, especially if the new tools have issues that make the listing process take longer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This issue is known to me.  I'm sure it is also known to Ebay.  Whether or not they choose to do anything about it or not is another story.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply