cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofill Pricing details off but still affecting me?

To whom it may concern,

I've noticed the price for some of my listings is being adjusted without my consent. I suspect it to be the Autofill Pricing feature because the erroneously adjusted price has matched the Median Sold Price. I can't report every instance because the error isn't consistent enough. When I do find the erroneously adjusted price (EAP), I check that AutoPrice is indeed disabled and it always is.
    For instance yesterday I drafted a listing for a used Sony MiniDisc Walkman. I used a Sell One Like This technique to generate the draft, which had the following pertinent fields:
          Title:  Sony MZ-N420D Psyc Net MiniDisc Walkman Digital Music Player
          Brand:  Sony
          Model:  MZ-N420D
          UPC:  027242637542
          MPN:  MZ-N420D/HMH
Of course, I then tailored the item specifics to my situation. For example, I could not confirm the UPC and emptied that field. Most importantly, I set the price to be $89. I completed the draft and saved it for later. Today, when I attempted to publish/list it, Ebay website informed my Best Offer Minimum ($35) was more than the asking price ($32), which wasn’t what I had previously established. I suspected it was another instance of erroneous Autofill Pricing yet I admit the Median Sold Price wasn’t $32. (It is currently at $97.48…) Why did I suspect it was another case of erroneous AutoPricing? Because
  (a) I have witnessed it (matching Median Sold Price) before,
  (b) I am the only one at my small business who would have altered that draft, and
  (c) what else could it be?

Thus I am trying to troubleshoot the issue. Unfortunately I cannot recreate the problem, EAP. I tried with the [Sony MiniDisc Walkman] and with another EAP item [Apple A1347 Mac mini Logic Board Motherboard 2.3 GHz Core i5 w/ 4GB DDR3]. In both trials the price wasn’t EAP after clicking the List It button.
     I reported that Autofill Pricing is off. This may not be true. My small business has half a dozen employees posting/listing all under the same Ebay profile. Sampled co-workers confirmed Autofill Pricing is disabled for them as well. We use both the desktop web browser version (via Chrome 115.0.5790.99) and the phone app (6.117.0.4263) to input to Ebay. I cannot locate the Autofill Pricing feature in the App to verify it is also disabled there.

Please advise how I can prevent our Buy It Now prices from being changed without consent, without notice. Our business should not need to review every listing we post to avoid this grave problem.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Ash

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Here's an actual example of Autofill Pricing hijacking my draft. I saved this draft with a price of $24.99 but when resuming it was changed to $18, the Median Sold Price. As you can see Autofill Pricing Details is set to off.

Autofill Price ex02.jpg

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

When you saved your draft, it’s possible that the price you had in the draft was what is shown. Since Auto pricing needs to be in the ON position to change the price of the item. It doesn’t change your prices if it’s off. There’s no ghost or phantom operating here. More like user error IMO. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

About once a day I discover an unauthorized price change.
It just happened with this item, which I drafted at $44.99 but was listed at $59.99 somehow. I highly doubt it is typoops. Other user error, such as dual wielding the Desktop version and the App is more likely. I don't know how to verify in the App whether Autofill Pricing is disabled. Please aid if you know how to located that feature in the App.
What is the best (most practical) way to document this issue? Is there a way to view draft revisions, like there is a way to see Listing Revisions

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Is this thread closed? Have I been blocked? Why are my Replies not getting posted?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Another instance of price hijacking, which I suspect is a flaw in Pricing Autofill from dual wielding the Desktop version (via Chrome 115.0.5790.99) and the App (6.123.0.1 via iOS 16.6).
I saved this draft (which became 175869119572) with a price of $79.95, a few cents below market rate. I opened that draft on the App to upload photos. I re-opened the same draft on Desktop to publish it yet noticed the price had mysteriously increased to $122.

one image.jpg

So, again, I confirmed Autofill Pricing was off (background/rear picture).

Is there a better way to document this? Is there a way to view draft revisions, like there is a way to see Listing Revisions?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Another instance (186057586146)  of price hijacking.

I suspect it’s a flaw in Pricing Autofill from dual wielding the Desktop version (via Chrome 116.0.5845.111) and the App (6.124.0.2 via iOS 16.6).

I deployed a [Sell One Like This] technique via Desktop to generate the draft (ebay.com/lstng?draftId=3853849153020&mode=SellLikeItem). I made amendments, most importantly the price to $29.99

lakemichigancomputers_0-1693485506235.jpeg

Note that Autofill Pricing Details is off. I kept the draft open on Desktop.

I opened that draft in App to upload photos. I did not close the draft nor [Save For Later] in the App because it autosaves when photos are uploaded. In short, after uploading photos I kept the draft open in App.

I published the same draft via Desktop. (I made no changes via Desktop. All I did was click the [List It] button.) The listing was erroneously priced at $21.90, near the Median Sold Price. I was not given notice of the price change.

lakemichigancomputers_1-1693485506237.jpeg

I revised (ebay.com/lstng?draftId=3852927033923&mode=ReviseItem) the listing to the correct price.

lakemichigancomputers_2-1693485506180.jpeg

Yes, in this case, the erroneously adjusted price is negligible. You understand that in other cases the Median Sold Price was drastically different. I bring up this case because it is the first time I have definitive proof.

Again my question: Is there a better way to document this?  Is there a way to view draft revisions, like there is a way to see Listing Revisions?

Thank you for your attention to this grave matter.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ths issue (erroneous automatic pricing) seems to have gone away.
It happened less than 1% of the time that I accounted for. Of my previous 25 listings, it has not happened at all.
Keep in mind I've narrowed my workflow to test for this hypothesis. I'll relax my protocols and we'll see what happens.
Thank you if you were part of the solution.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Problem persists.
Another instance (186078552300)  of price hijacking.

I suspect it’s a flaw in Pricing Autofill from dual wielding the Desktop version (via Chrome 116.0.5845.188) and the App (6.126.0.2 via iOS 16.6.1).

I deployed a [Sell One Like This] technique via Desktop to generate the draft (ebay.com/lstng?draftId=3783021773302&mode=SellLikeItem). I made amendments, most importantly the price to $24.99 which is a penny below competition.

lakemichigancomputers_0-1694632070606.jpeg

Note that Autofill Pricing Details is off (below).

lakemichigancomputers_1-1694632070607.jpeg

I kept the draft open on Desktop.
I opened that draft in App. I noticed the title wasn’t as desired and changed it, not in App but in Desktop. I uploaded photos using the App. These photos had been taken earlier but I still used the Apps internal cropping feature. I did not close the draft nor [Save For Later] in the App because it autosaves when photos are uploaded. Thus I kept the draft open in App.

I published the same draft via Desktop by clicking the [List It] button.The listing was erroneously priced at $15.00, exactly the Median Sold Price I was informed (see Photo1). I was not given notice of this price change.

lakemichigancomputers_2-1694632070608.jpeg

I revised (https://www.ebay.com/lstng?draftId=3783050669301&mode=ReviseItem) the listing to the correct price.

Again my question: Is there a better way to document this?  Is there a way to view draft revisions, like there is a way to see Listing Revisions?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Erroneous Automatic Pricing (EAP) just happened to me twice consecutively, though my methods were different.

The first instance I don’t have good documentation. It was for this item, which I drafted at $98 but it was erroneously listed for $52.19 -same price as lowest competitor. (It’s telling when your client is actually more upset s/he hadn’t done their habit of documenting your faulty service then the faulty service itself.) I generated the draft using the Ebay App (version 6.126.0.2) then amended it on Desktop (via Chrome 116.0.5845.188).

The second instance, for this item (175903729656), I do have good evidence. I generated the draft on Desktop, uploaded photos on App, then published on Desktop.

Figure1: Price when drafted

lakemichigancomputers_0-1694804796656.jpeg

Figure 2: Evidence Autofill Pricing Details is off

lakemichigancomputers_1-1694804796693.jpeg

Figure3: Price when listed

lakemichigancomputers_2-1694804796716.jpeg

Again my question: Is there a better way to document this?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Price Hijack 186088287016

Erroneous Automatic Pricing (EAP) nearly identical to my first post where the Auto Decline Amount is greater than Price.
    Q: Now why would I do that?
    A: I didn’t! It was some bug that CHANGED THE PRICE WITHOUT NOTICE, WITHOUT CONSENT.

Figure1: Price when drafted

lakemichigancomputers_0-1695233655661.jpeg

Figure 2: Evidence Autofill Pricing Details is off

lakemichigancomputers_1-1695233655631.jpeg

Figure3: Error: Auto Decline Amount greater than Price

lakemichigancomputers_2-1695233655657.jpeg

I suspect it is from dual wielding the Desktop version (via Chrome 117.0.5938.89) with the Ebay App (version 6.127.0.3). I use a Sell One Like This technique to generate the draft on Desktop, amend the draft to my situation, then upload photos on the smartphone App.

Again my question: Is there a better way to document this?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply