cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrow keys not functioning in image viewer

Started recently. Arrow keys no longer move between zoomed images. Now required to use the mouse, which is very slow. Please restore this helpful functionality.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Arrow keys not functioning in image viewer

You can select the forward or backward arrow icons using the mouse or by using the tab key to cycle through the selection of buttons or icons on the page (use shift-tab to go the other way). Once you have clicked on or selected an arrow icon, use the "enter" key to use the arrow.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the workaround on this. It doesn't always work, though...but that's not why I'm posting. Was this feature deprecated by eBay? Should it be working and it's currently broken? Is there a CR / master ticket in the works?  (Addendum: the workaround posted above only works sporadically. And for listings without a zooming capability, you can tab all you want, but the arrows still won't work). In fact now it takes TRIPLE the number of keystrokes to view ONE picture. Multiply that by the max number of pics allowed...36 keystrokes. Extremely inefficient.

This not only impacts the seller, but the buyer, too. Most buyers use what they've been doing all along; e.g., see something that interests them, click on any pic and then use the scroll keys to quickly go from left to right. There have been many times that I've wanted to see all of the pics in a listing, and let's say for this example that I want to start at the last picture. A buyer is used to 1 press of an arrow key (and hold, if necessary), and the pics would fly forward in a hurry, or fly backward in a hurry.

Any prospective customer in just about any retail/brick & mortar/electronic storefront all have one thing in common. NOBODY likes to wait. Now with this new paradigm, it seems that somewhere along the line, eBay decided to 'slow' that experience down. 

Might anyone have an answer as to why? And if this feature is deprecated, where's the notification to the sellers and buyers? 

Not trying start a flame war, either. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You would have to ask eBay about eBay's intentions, or if there is a ticket for this issue.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Roger that, thank you. I definitely appreciate the response, too. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's 2023 and I'm still having this issue (Chrome, OSX, both latest version). eBay admin is so opaque that I cannot tell if they are even aware of this problem, but it has been reported for at least 5 years now. I used to fill in the eBay feedback requests, but I'm pretty certain they do not make any use of the feedback they solicit. I'm posting this in hopes someone can share a workaround that doesn't involve far more effort to browse pictures. I know you can click the 'left' and 'right' buttons but jeez. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply