cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted because eBay linked my account to a unknown account ?

Hello, 

I have been with eBay for over 6 years I have 100% feedback and am Top Rated.  I have sent eBay trust and safety department a few email but I keep getting the same response back. 

I have no idea who " discountvinylrecords  " is and I do not share my computer with anyone. 

Any idea how to fix this ? 

Thanks 

After a thorough review of the account, we show that your account was restricted or suspended because you have a previous account that's still suspended, or you're allowing a suspended member to use your account.

Your account was found to be linked by similar contact information and / or financial information and / or account behavior to:

discountvinylrecords   

After completing our additional review, eBay has decided to uphold its previous request for the resolution of the above related suspended account and have determined that the link between the two accounts is sufficient. When we suspended your original account, we sent you an email letting you know not to create a new account or use another member's account.  eBay reserves the right to suspend existing accounts as well as new accounts opened by anyone in the same household of a suspended user or by any other associates of a suspended user. However, we know you may not be aware of all eBay policies, and we want to work with you to avoid any misunderstandings.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Any chance you have ever and I mean ever logged in on a computer at a library, restaurant...etc to view your ebay?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No I only use my home computer, I understand the risk of logging on another computer and I do not let anyone even use my WIFI for this reason.  I just got off the phone with eBay the support said that the linked account is in another state and it is suspended for non payment. She said that we have different names and different address.  If someone from trust and safety could look into it like the phone support they can easily see that it is an error, but I keep getting the same canned response.  I have no idea how to fix this 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Contact eBay through Facebook. That is what I do anytime I have a problem.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I notice selling same items over and over....unknown account?...doesn't seem like it.

Selling items from another store might have done it.

I wouldn't be surprised if eBay asked for receipts of selling sold items.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply