cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It does not work!!!

I tried the beta version and received $100 of extra sales at a cost of $80 for advertising. An eBay associate called to help with the system and make it work for me. We scheduled a zoom meeting 3 days later. He did not show up or have the common courtesy to apologize for standing me up. AVOID THIS SYSTEM.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: It does not work!!!

Hi @rock_o_bilia, we apologize you weren’t able to connect with our eBay representative. We contacted the representative and discovered a technical issue that hampered them from connecting with you. They will reach back out ASAP and assist you in better navigating our new Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA feature. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

We are not having much success on our test of the Advanced promoted either.  We have followed all of Ebays suggested best practices.  This is where we stand as of right now:
Listings Promoted: 153

Impressions: 10300

clicks: 153

Sales: $60.00

Click Thru Rate: 1.53%

Conversion Rate: 0.63% Average

Cost Per Click: $0.18

Add fees $29.00

So far, the fees have been aprox 50% of sales

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I have tried everything. I have a web master certificate, have taken classes on seo , it’s not functioning well. I went even as specific as Brand Size and model for small groups. I think because Google updated their search also to not include broad terms.. it’s better to use regular promoted on eBay now.  Because the regular promoted are showing up at the top of eBay searches anyways.. i am starting to think ebay would rather Have 10% of 20.00 then .60 .. I’m starting to think it’s better to stick with promoted. Do you think I’m on to something? Like our click rate has to be higher than a promoted listings percentage that would get? 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I gave it a shot.  I'm out.  I can't see any value for the seller here. The only value with this program is for ebay because they are collecting additional fees.

I didn't get a single additional sale despite the additional fees.  I did, however, get a question from another ebayer wondering why I listed my item in a completely unrelated category....which I didn't.  So, not only did I not get a sale and paid additional fees, I had to spend time communicating with someone about why my item was being promoted in an irrelevant category.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have been selling a Computer Processor for a long time. I have sold many. Over many months my processor has been at the 1st or 2nd slot in search. Then a couple weeks ago out of the blue I noticed my processor has dropped to around number 30 in the search. I was stumped. I see where mine is refurbished and others above me are used. I see where mine is less expensive than others above me. I see others above me dont even offer returns but I do. It made no sense. No one at ebay could give me any explanation. Then Promoted listing advanced came along. It all said you basically pay per click and you will get your listing to the top of search.

So I have tried it. Abou a week has gone by and I am still at number 30 or even lower in search. Depending on keyword. But yet I have paid ebay extra money everytime anyone as clicked on my listing. The listing at number 30 that they would have clicked on anyways down there. I called ebay and the CS person told me that Promoted listing advanced can get you to the top but there is no guarentee to move you up. Then that sink in for a minute. So you go to a club, you give the doorman $50 to move you to the front of the line. Then he sends you to the back of the line and sais . Oh the $50 does not guarentee I will get you to the front.

This promoted listing advance in my opinion does nothing for sellers. Just makes us pay ebay more money.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@tvr-inc wrote:

I have been selling a Computer Processor for a long time. I have sold many. Over many months my processor has been at the 1st or 2nd slot in search. Then a couple weeks ago out of the blue I noticed my processor has dropped to around number 30 in the search. I was stumped. I see where mine is refurbished and others above me are used. I see where mine is less expensive than others above me. I see others above me dont even offer returns but I do. It made no sense. No one at ebay could give me any explanation. Then Promoted listing advanced came along. It all said you basically pay per click and you will get your listing to the top of search.

So I have tried it. Abou a week has gone by and I am still at number 30 or even lower in search. Depending on keyword. But yet I have paid ebay extra money everytime anyone as clicked on my listing. The listing at number 30 that they would have clicked on anyways down there. I called ebay and the CS person told me that Promoted listing advanced can get you to the top but there is no guarentee to move you up. Then that sink in for a minute. So you go to a club, you give the doorman $50 to move you to the front of the line. Then he sends you to the back of the line and sais . Oh the $50 does not guarentee I will get you to the front.

This promoted listing advance in my opinion does nothing for sellers. Just makes us pay ebay more money.

Hello @tvr-inc

Thanks for testing out our newest campaign type, Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA. With Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA, your listings are competing with other Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA campaigns for the top slot of search. Variables like buyer traffic or demand, seasonality, changes to the competitive landscape, general platform changes, and more all factor in to what listings appear in the top slot of search. For example, the current competitive holiday season could also be a factor impacting your keyword bidding.

We suggest taking a look at your Promoted Listing AdvancedBETA keyword performance report (found in your advertising dashboard) and note which keywords are performing best. You may want to increase your bids on those keywords to help boost sales. One of our eBay Ads product managers just recorded a video on how to download reports and discover optimizations for Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA campaigns, which you can see here: https://vimeo.com/647461901

There's several other resources you can check out to help optimize your Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA campaigns Our eBay Seller Center offers a great FAQs with tons of information about how to best set up your campaign, how to place bids, downloading campaign reports, and much more. Our Help Center also has tips about campaign optimization as well. You can also read more about creating an optimal keyword strategy in our recent blog we posted on eBay Ads.

Keep us updated on how your campaign is performing after making any optimization updates based on the information we provided. We want to make sure you aren't experiencing a more serious issue while use Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA. Thanks for being a valued seller and an important part of our community on eBay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I gave it a try. I'm leaving. I don't see any benefit for the vendor here. The sole benefit of this program is that it generates more revenue for eBay.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

That's right, something incomprehensible is going on there, they promise to correct mistakes and disappear. The management has changed. They lie all the time.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply