cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to identify blue pottery vase no mark.

20190913_162342.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I found out the identity of this fan vase. It is in fact a Royal Haeger Empire vase. I found one with the original sticker.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please show a picture of the bottom (marked or not) and state the size.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There's a decorated one on p. 206 of Curran's Shawnee book, called a planter, marked U.S.A.
Janet
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I see the shape referred to as a "gladiolus" or "gladiola" vase/urn. (I had never heard of a gladiolus vase before, but I see dozens of this shape turn up in a "gladiolus vase" search. Here's one: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-haeger-urn-gladiola-vase-1781888504)

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Most of those are divided inside. I didn't get out the Haeger books to see if this is the name they gave the one in the link or if someone thought it looked like a glad.
Janet

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ahh...I get it. Gladiolus vases are divided to spread the glads while keeping the stalks separated and upright. (Something must be missing from my early upbringing since I had never heard of gladiolus vases. ) I checked my Haeger books and didn't find this shape or "gladiolus" vases. However, I did find that people at the Red Wing Collectors Society say "we call this shape a gladiolus vase...." in response to queries about different Red Wing fan-shaped vases with holes at the top.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Screenshot_20190918-122627_Gallery.jpg

3 stilt marks on base, no other marks3 stilt marks on base, no other marks

About 5.5"About 5.5"

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you read the responses, you'll see I found it in the Shawnee book before we got off on the gladiolus vase tangent.
Janet
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the info. Very surprising. I have dozens of Shawnee vases and planters. I haven't seen this glaze or the stilt marks. 👍😊
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I found out the identity of this fan vase. It is in fact a Royal Haeger Empire vase. I found one with the original sticker.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply