cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pottery Blob - What Is It?

I bought this at a thrift store awhile back because it looked interesting and I liked the colors. Very inexpenisve, of course.

I have no idea what it's purpose is. It's not an ashtray - not deep enough and no grooves to rest cigarettes in.

It measures 5.5" across the longest part and 4.25" across the width.

I'm using it as a spoon rest on my stove.

It seems to be professionally made, going by the holes in the underside.

Blob_3.jpgBlob_1.jpgBlob_2.jpgBlob Underside.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have no idea who the maker may have been but the chicken shape indicates, to me anyway, that it was meant to be used in the kitchen. Possibly to hold a sponge, or scrub pad, or even a spoon. It is a nice item and I hope someone more knowledgeable in newer items will be along to identify it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have no idea who the maker may have been but the chicken shape indicates, to me anyway, that it was meant to be used in the kitchen. Possibly to hold a sponge, or scrub pad, or even a spoon. It is a nice item and I hope someone more knowledgeable in newer items will be along to identify it.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@leathernlace wrote:

A chicken? I never saw that before but I do now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Glad I could be of a little assistance. I am thinking maybe 1980s, or newer.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I would have never seen a chicken if not for you. Good eye!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply