cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confused - what category supposed to use for Waterford stemware? Bowls? Seriously?!

I haven't been listing much crystal or dinnerware for a while and just tried to do a "list similar" for some Waterford wine glasses and found to my surprise that the category that popped up was "cookware, dinnerware & serveware ->Bowls". I figured surely this was wrong, so I found "drinkware &barware". But when I went back to see what other people had used (current listings), I noticed that nearly all were listed in Bowls category.

I did poke around here on this group and saw several posts about category changes, but I'm still confused. There must be some reason  nearly every Waterford claret glass I saw was listed as a bowl (only 2 in drinkware & barware). 

Should I be listing wine glasses as bowls instead of drinkware/barware?  Or maybe "collectibles champagne and wine" or "Home and garden -glassware and drinkware"? Just wanna be sure my items would be found.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm confused - what category supposed to use for Waterford stemware? Bowls? Seriously?!

Well, I read some more threads here and it looks like this one (link below) pretty much answers my question.  At least, it seems to clarify that there is no good answer and I should just pick one of the available categories. Guess if I can't figure out categories, neither will buyers be able to do and will just search "All Categories" for everything. Sorry for adding a thread before I saw this one below that is almost exact issue

Need clarification on conflicting categories - The eBay Community

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Well, I read some more threads here and it looks like this one (link below) pretty much answers my question.  At least, it seems to clarify that there is no good answer and I should just pick one of the available categories. Guess if I can't figure out categories, neither will buyers be able to do and will just search "All Categories" for everything. Sorry for adding a thread before I saw this one below that is almost exact issue

Need clarification on conflicting categories - The eBay Community

Message 2 of 2
latest reply