cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identify Pottery Vase

I have tried for the past three years to identify this large vase.  I have not been able to find another one like it on the internet.  Please help.  It is 24" tall and if 37" at its widest point.  the flowers and birds are indented.  You can actually feel all of the figures on the vase.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spotted this one elsewhere on the web and it looks very similar to yours. They are starting it's Japanese. I can't verify any of the information they give.

Linked for educational purposes only.

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/vases-vessels/vases/large-vase-vintage-japanese...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might want to check French & Belgian potteries from the 1900-1930s period.

Longwy (France) did lots of raised enamel decoration like yours.

Definitely has an Asian influence. You could add prunus tree to your keyword searches. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spotted this one elsewhere on the web and it looks very similar to yours. They are starting it's Japanese. I can't verify any of the information they give.

Linked for educational purposes only.

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/vases-vessels/vases/large-vase-vintage-japanese...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

PS  If you click on "continue reading" in the link you will see the dimensions, etc.

It's 24" tall like yours.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Palmtree,

Thank you so much.  All this time I had not been able to find anything that looked like my vase and you were able to find it right away.  Really appreciate it.

George

Message 5 of 5
latest reply