cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greco Roman Style Sm Vase Please Help Identify

This roman style vase or what ever it is has me stumped again. It has markings on the bottom but I can't read them.  All I can read is the - HW 2027... It is some type of pottery and measures 3 3/4" tall x about 2" in diameter.  Any help would be wonderful! 

Thank you,

Teresa

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had no idea but I am convinced after searching this,  it is bonded marble.  Thank you everyone for your help on this. I learned something new, that is always good!  I still don't know what it reads on the bottom though. If anyone can make it out please let me know.  It's probably not that important but would still like to know. 

Thank you again,

Teresa

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

bump

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It looks like a resin pencil holder.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Doesn’t look resin to me nor does it look like a pencil holder, as it is narrower on bottom than top.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It doesn't look, feel or sound like resin. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Maybe a toothpick holder that goes with these salt and pepper shakers?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It's way to tall for a toothpick holder.  But thanks for the thought! 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I didn't look at the salt and pepper shakers till after I replied. They are awesome! They are very close but I'm not convinced mine are resin, but I could be wrong. Thank you for sharing.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think supernature gave you a good lead there. Wanted to add that there is also a material called bonded marble. It's actual marble (pulverized) that has been mixed with resin. It can have a more convincing look and feel than pure resin. Just a hunch.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I had no idea but I am convinced after searching this,  it is bonded marble.  Thank you everyone for your help on this. I learned something new, that is always good!  I still don't know what it reads on the bottom though. If anyone can make it out please let me know.  It's probably not that important but would still like to know. 

Thank you again,

Teresa

Message 10 of 10
latest reply