cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Category Changes

eBay's category changes are a complete disaster. Do they know how much work they have created for sellers whose items are now in incorrect categories and have incorrect item specifics, because of the mess they have made. We have over 1000 items all of which now need to be individually checked to make sure they have ended up in the right category and have the right item specifics. eBay have provided no tools to enable category changes to be made without editing every item one at a time. If you use more than one category they have unilaterally changed the second one as well and will still charge for a second category that we have not chosen. Do they ever talk to their users? Do they have a user group that they can confer with? We estimate 5 minutes to check each item that's 5000 minutes or roughly 10 eight hour days to sort out their mess. All of this of course ignores the buyer who has created saved searches based on the old categories, none of which now work. Our sales will go down and so will ebays revenue. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay Category Changes

Im sure eBay doesnt care about how much work sellers have.  They didnt and wont talk to sellers or users. They know what we all need and this "works" for China cheap new crud sellers...

This is sure a huge cluster.... and we will get zero help.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay Category Changes

The one thing I always check these days is where the item is coming from, if it’s China I just ignore.  I used to buy an awful lot of beads and findings but I will never buy from China again.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply