cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone, I would really enjoy discussions about selling plus sizes on E-Bay. Gayle

This seems a booming area with interesting,happy customers.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hello everyone, I would really enjoy discussions about selling plus sizes on E-Bay. Gayle

yes.  i've been selling plus size for a couple of years now.  they do well.  do you know of a cheaper way to ship ?  i ship first class for over a pound i ship flat rate.  it can still be almost 7.00.  thanks

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Hello everyone, I would really enjoy discussions about selling plus sizes on E-Bay. Gayle

Plus size clothing weighs more so I try shipping several different ways. I always keep a variety of poly mailers, padded envelopes and regional rate boxes at my shipping counter. First I weigh the item to see if it is under 16 ounces. If it is I stuff it into a poly mailers that is the cheapest method. If it weighs more than 16 ounces I look at their zip code and if it is close to my area I weigh the item and compare if the regional rate box or the padded shipping mailer would be the most cost effective way of shipping the item. If their zip code is far from mine then the regional boxes are not good...use the padded flat rate envelope. I buy the poly mailers in bulk from ebay and get the other USPS supplies for free from their website which they deliver to my door. I hope this helps with shipping. I've been doing this for 16 years...always happy to help fellow sellers!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Selling plus sizes is a niche and a profitable one if you get the right merchandise.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Me as well! I a little out of touch on what brands are most desirable.  I am also curious what sizes are more sought-after than others too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

In my opinion, as a buyer rather than a seller, the more measurements in the description the better.

Not just bust/waist/hip, which should be in any clothing description, but length/ shoulder breadth/ arm length and my bugaboo --upper arm.

As to brands, there are some which the buyer may know cut small and some (like Eileen Fisher) which cut large. But there are so many brands that measurements are more important.

I was buying bras in Additionnelle and told the clerk that since all of them were the same brand (Deesse the house brand) I didn't think I needed to try them all. She warned me that they were the same brand but were from different manufacturers. And as she warned the fit was different on each style.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@thequietthrifter

I think your post shows the icon that means your listings have the http/https thingy that eBay has been going on about.

It reduces visibility as I understand it, and you may want to look into that.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello,

I have been selling Plus size clothes on eBay for several years now. Mostly, because I have been a plus size myself. I know what I look for and it would appear that a lot of the styles that I like, a lot of other women love too. A few things to remember about selling ANY item of clothing. Please be complete about your measurements. Underarm to underarm, length of sleeves, neck to hem, waist measure, inseam, I include the outseam, and the front & rear rises. I also include the neck measures,too. I have had 3 pairs of pants from a very WELL Known designer that were all marked the same size, None of these pants fit the same or were the same measurements. So, you can see how important these measurements are especially to us fluffy gals 😉 As for postage ... I, too use poly mailers and I use padded Priority envelopes and after those, then I go to Fed-Ex ground or Smart Post thru Fed-Ex and I sometimes do just plain Priority.

I always let my customers know about these different options and I do give them options to choose what they want to spend. And rather than using the 'Calculate' option, I set it up as Flat rate and as I'm in CA , I give the east coast price and if a customer is closer, then I refund the difference. That way, you don't get these stupid calculations that eBay's calculators always seem to mess up. If you look at some of my Men's boots, you'll see what I'm talking about. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask, I'm happy to help. All the Best ~ Shar

Message 8 of 8
latest reply