cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lens advertised as "used"

should have no defects that effect operation or image quality.   Is that right?

The way I read eBay's description of "used" if there is fungus (which WILL effect image quality) or dust (which may effect image quality) or scratches (which may effect image quality).  It seems that for fungus, I can return the item and for the other two, I can test first and then return if item does not fit the following.  "Functions as intended" should mean you get the quality of image the lens designer intended - in other words image quality as goos as a new.   Comments?

" The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but it is fully operational and functions as intended"

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

A lens advertised as "used"

Well there are no promises that the item will have anything that affect image quality. You can only assume from the: "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but it is fully operational and functions as intended"

From that, it should still work but there may be signs of wear. But you shouldn't worry. If you try it and it doesn't work, you are covered under eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 2
latest reply