cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What markup do you charge?

For any resellers here, what markup do you charge for your merchandise?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What markup do you charge?

Look up what other sellers are selling of the item on eBay...and maybe go lower than those sellers.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I sell my items for in the general price range that others list for.

Really no set "markup", but I have an idea of what they will sell for prior to purchase.

What I generally figure on is that if I cannot list for 5 times what I pay for it there is not much point in buying it, so as I read what I wrote, I guess I do have a minimum "markup". 

Some things I list for 10 times, or more................ higher than what I paid. Buy for $7, list for $90 if I can.

You have to markup enough to cover costs, and up from there as much as the market will bear.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I was thinking on the same lines, 50% to 1000%

Somewhere in that range.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

We don't necessarily have a "set" mark up, BUT... Our overall goal for our business is to maintain a minimum of 300% ROI. When buying things to resell, some of the things we pick up end up being "duds" and we have a profit below that threshold, but at the same time, other things will comp out far higher and so it all ends up balancing itself out. We comp every single item that we buy prior to listing it so that we are pricing items to sell rather than store. That means that on many items we are not making "maximum profit" but we're in the business of selling and not storing things! We are not yet "full time" resellers, so we are still in the learning stage. Once we feel like we have mastered our system, we will work out how much it would take to replace one of our full time incomes and set a goal to earn that amount of money per month and source items that will allow that to happen. I hope that helps!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply