cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Report Seller with Bad Listings

I tried to report it to e-bay , I go and check all appropriate boxes only to see the dreaded ooops! we run into some trouble so nothing I can do!

it's very possible the seller is not even aware if he/she use some software program that lists automatically ...once a seller ( on another site ) had the program list every item for 1 cent  until they caught on ( but not before the news spread and the sharks bought the best items ) I hate to think what ever happened and how he/she fixed. I was rewluctant to even report anything , but the listings are a mess, crowding other seller's listing from the top etc...Anybody else had this experience!?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Unable to Report Seller with Bad Listings

Of course it doesn't...that's the way they want it otherwise they would have fixed it long ago.

I cam here to check on another post of mine ( see we need Police )  because I encountered another cluless vendor with factual errors in the listing and was wondering what to do about it...reporting it is useless...contacting the seller is rather dubious, never know if what the reaction may be, a thank you for helping or a Vaffanculo for not minding my business. Not long ago I got corrected on one of my listings, and the gentleman was right, so I gratefully accepeted the advice and made changes to the listing with the corrected edition and a slight change in price...book sold within a week.

So, as is plain to see, not manyn of us are as knowledgeable as we like to think, after nearly 50 years of collecting/selling there is still much more to learn!

Happy sales!~ ( not sells or worse sails )

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

It's  easy to figure out the seller.  I searched Vardis Fisher  and found the listings with no pictures. The seller has over 3 million listings.  (I've bought books from them)

The ones I saw with no pictures had titles, condition and a description. 

Can you provide an item number?

Something to consider is when a seller reports another seller that is  selling the same thing then eBay may think they're trying to eliminate the competition and ignore the report.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I really have no interest in reporting anyone, if they are malefactors I believe their own karma will catch up with them...I'm more interested in alerting clueless new sellers on their infractions, but even that has so many pitfalls...how will they react!?...with gratitude?...or be offended!? so, I'm leaving the task of policing to eBay, it's in their interest after all!

Regards, M.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply