cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage selling from 2 locations (I'm 6 months in one state and 6 months in another)

I am 6 weeks into selling on eBay.  I spend 6 months out of the year in AZ and 6 months in SD. I have inventory in both locations that I want to sell when I am at those specific locations.  Looking for recommendations on how to manage pausing inventory I have in AZ when I return to SD and sell other inventory I have there.  None of my items are bid - they're all Buy Now.

1) Do I end all my listings in AZ and if I do that, will I be able to relist those items when I return in the fall without having to re-enter all the listing data?  Does that reflect poorly on me as a seller? Should I stop listing these final few months before returning to SD? The same holds true in the reverse.

OR

2) Do I set up a separate seller account for each location and then put each on vacation mode when I'm gone for six months?

I didn't think this through as much as I should have before I started. I want to continue with positive experiences with buyers.  Any helpful suggestions are appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How to manage selling from 2 locations (I'm 6 months in one state and 6 months in another)

@sutha-3284 

Vacation mode is only good for 30 days and your items will reindex and go back live.

When you end listings, they reside in Ended Listings for 90 days and then are deleted.

Some folks use a 3rd party listing tool that keeps all their listings and photos.

Ending listings does not reflect badly upon you as a seller.

Just make sure you change your return address in your account to match your particular location and also re-enter the location, city/state of your items so buyers know where you are shipping from.  All of this is done in Site Preferences, shipping preferences etc. 

Folks here will help you out if you have more specific questions. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Make sure that all of these are set up to how you need them, when you need them. Good luck.

Screenshot (11).png

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Using an address for a few weeks will hit the state tax board of that state...of Arizona and South Dakota.

Hopefully, both states are free state tax. 

I had a mail address for a few weeks in Missouri and lived in Nevada before. Missouri hit me for a state tax.

I had documentation working on a cruise ship for 6+ months...only way I got out of paying state tax of Missouri.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply