cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

How to avoid being part of eBay community risk. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Help

17 REPLIES 17

Help

What risk?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Help

Yeah,.... you're going to have to write just a tad more for us to understand what it is you need....

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Help

If you are a new seller, avoid selling new expensive items. especially electronic items. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Help

This is my attempt at a translation.

The OP got suspended and the message he received from ebay said the reason for the the suspension was because he was a "risk to the community".

Now he wants to know how he can NOT be a risk to the community and get his suspension lifted.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Help

How to avoid being part of eBay community risk. 

@rayt-9387 

You only registered today.  Why are you worried? Have you had friends or acquittances that have been kicked off eBay with the usual bot  "risk to the community" email or message?  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Help

Yes i registered my seller account and after completing verification ebay sent me an email permanently suspended account,  due to you're putting ebay community at risk. 

I don't have another and also didn't list anything on eBay 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Help

Yes i registered my seller account and after completing verification ebay sent me an email permanently suspended account,  due to you're putting ebay community at risk. 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Help

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Help

Why this happened 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Help

@rayt-9387 

Don't break the rules and policies that eBay enforces. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Help

We certainly can't know for sure.......  But it can happen if you've had another account suspended or you are using the same internet connection as someone else that has gotten a suspension.....such as a family member..........  We are sellers and have no way to see your history or that of anyone else. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Help

@rayt-9387 

We here on the "community boards" (other buyers/sellers) do not know why that was done.

"eBay" may not tell you why. They do not want people to figure out how to avoid/circumvent the "reasons".

You may be able to contact a CSR on facebook............. "eBay for business" for clarification of what the problem is.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Help

It seems like eBay has connected your account with someone using the same internet connection as you are using. Someone they permanently suspended. If you had another account that was suspended, you can't create another account. Or eBay has connected you with a supplier they have blacklisted. Since the suspension came after the verification, I would say eBay thinks they know who you are. It could also be your bank/financial info that has them worried. 

it is also possible eBay has made a mistake and confused you with someone else. All you can do is try to talk to eBay if you are sure you have done nothing wrong. Unfortunately once eBay suspends a seller, it almost never removes the suspension.

As you can see, there are many, many reasons why eBay could have suspended you and no one here can tell you why. Only eBay knows and they almost never will say why. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Help

You're no longer registered. Since it happened so fast then I believe you're  closely linked to a relative or another household member that was suspended.  eBay doesn't want that person to be able to list items on a friend or relative's account so you get suspended by association. 

I heard they suspend everyone sharing the same internet connection, like if someone in a dormitory gets suspended then the rest of the domitory that has an eBay account will get suspended.  

Message 15 of 18
latest reply