cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product research for the product

I am a new seller on ebay.I need to do product research for my design.How do I do that?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

When you ask a question here, it will be easier on both parties if you will give all the details of the issue.  How about returning and doing that?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

More important do you have a Sri Lankan business license and a Payoneer account so you can be paid?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Try ebay research tool, watchcount.com to find popular products. You can also use Pinterest to stay updated about what USA and UK people are interested in. USA and UK are the most engaging users in this platform IMO

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Very helpful. Thank you

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I am not sure what you are asking.  But I will take a stab at it.  Are you seeking the best products to sell?  Join the slog through the morass with the rest of us.  Research, research, research . . . and a bit of luck.  You can use the Research Resources from SellerHub (go to Selling and click on Resources at the top of that page).  eBay will not hand you the keys to the kingdom.  Neither will anyone else.  You will have to work your way through the same facts and figures as the rest of us.  About the only clue I can give you is that sell-through rate is very important.  The higher, the better.  40% is good.  80% is optimal.  To find out more about sell-through rate - type it into Google then, once you know what it is, look for it in the eBay Resources.  Good Luck with your journey.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Try an internet search.

Also you need to remove this from your listings....

janet9988_0-1674363858346.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

OP  is in Sri Lanka. He cannot use Managed Payments or Paypal.

However, I recently purchased from a SL seller and paid with my credit card. I assume the payment was processed by Payoneer, just as our customers payments used to be processed by Paypal.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

OP  is in Sri Lanka. He cannot use Managed Payments or Paypal.

However, I recently purchased from a SL seller and paid with my credit card. I assume the payment was processed by Payoneer, just as our customers payments used to be processed by Paypal.

A did not know sellers can request buyers pay via Payoneer.  I have never seen that as an option when paying for an item on ebay. I just thought Payoneer was for sellers to use to receive money. Like we use  ayden/managed payments. We don't ask buyers to pay via managed payments because buyers are not required to have a managed payment account.

When I look at the sellers listing I see all the ebay allowed payments and a seller can not just require I pay a certain way to limit it. I can use Paypal and Google pay If i wanted to on their listing. So their listing details demand that I use credit card or Paypal is wrong.

janet9988_0-1674443551554.png

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you so much 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Payoneer and PaisaPal are apparently similar to Paypal (and Managed Payments) in that they process payments from credit cards for merchants who do not hold merchant credit accounts.

Paypal is not available in Turkey for example. I am not sure if Payoneer is. I should ask my Turkish next door neighbour about that.

PaisaPal is used in India.

Payoneer is used in much of SE Asia including Sri Lanka.

Meanwhile Visa and Mastercard are available almost everywhere.

Fun fact- you cannot use a Discover card in Canada. I disappointed a tourist once in our Ottawa shop about that. She was actually furious because her husband had gone off to a business meeting giving her only the Discover card to pay for her day of explorations.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply