cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. Please, with this Pretty Piece...I think it's an old arm rest protector

Hello, everyone.  I was going to throw this piece away, but opted to get your expert input before I do.  It measures about 12" by 8-1/2" and is quite substantial (about the thickness of a good quality potholder).

a.  Anyone else think it's an arm rest protector?  Something else?

b.  I'm baffled what it's made of (some kind of fabric) and HOW it was made.

It might be reversible.  My first two pics show the front (I think),  and the last two pics show some wear which leads me to believe it's the backside.

I'd really appreciate your kind comments.  Thank you.

@meowmeow 

IMG_4397.JPGIMG_4399.JPGIMG_4398.JPGIMG_4400.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help. Please, with this Pretty Piece...I think it's an old arm rest protector

I don't think an arm rest but just a mat for whatever. They used mats for everything. A pot, a plant, a lamp.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Help. Please, with this Pretty Piece...I think it's an old arm rest protector

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to toss it in a fabrics pile and sell as a lot.  But I just found a set of crocheted trivets to list and decided to list it, too.   Problem is, I don't know

how to describe it.  I found (kinda) similar ones on Etsy that used the terms "woven" and "jute."

I really need some guidance.  Thank you.

@meowmeow 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not really sure but it looks like it is made like a rug. Yarn pulled through base material. Aside from saying rug-like I am not sure what you should say. Sorry I can't be more help.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You're ALWAYS helpful.  Thanks for responding.

(It probably won't sell, but it's just too pretty to discard.)

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That appears to be an example of punch needle embroidery.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Oh my, californiakaren.  You're absolutely correct!  Thank you so much for your kind input.  And thanks for teaching me something NEW today.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply