cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Views on Used Albums

I am selling my record collection. I started with sealed albums and out of print albums. I have preowned copies priced 5-40 dollars with no views. My plan to is to put some in auction, offer free shipping and evaluate photos and descriptions.

I look at records that have sold and are for sale as well as Discogs to set the asking price.

This is new for me as I have been an active buyer for many years. 

I would appreciate any insights/suggestions.

George

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: No Views on Used Albums

I was a record collector for many years, and sold quite a few here. My copy/paste suggestions regarding Vinyl Sales:

Record collectors are *VERY* picky, so make sure that you read, understand, use, and post in every listing what grading scale you use for both vinyl and cover, as well as any inserts (posters, etc). I recommend the Goldmine grading scale:  https://www.goldminemag.com/collector-resources/record-grading-101

Make sure you identify which version of a record it might be, something as simple as a tiny text block on the cover might make a huge difference in value. I think at one time, I had over 30 different versions of Dark Side of the Moon, for example.

Invest in decent, new cardboard record mailers and new poly sleeves if they are not already so protected. Most collectors prefer the vinyl to be *outside* of the sleeve when mailed, so that it does not slide and split the edge of the sleeve.

If you play-test them, make sure you have a decent turntable and needle.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It is your pricing.  The first two comps I looked at shows you are 3x where you should be.  Check out your Yes and Red Hot Chili Peppers albums.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have reduced the pricing on all the LP's. RHC is too high and YES is also too high. Thank You

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I forgot about the LP out of the jacket. I thought it might turn off  buyers. I  will change that as well as look more at the grading policy now that I am selling non sealed records. I do have a Prep-Ject Xtension TT and  and Audio Tech cart.  I play one side of each LP while posting items. Thank you kindly. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ebay fees are a crime

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

JMHO. game over now. when you calculate the hours, the packing etc. you lose money (fees etc. not to mention...).

all the popular stuff like your Chili and Yes float around in the millions. even special stuff like Larry Coryell "Privat Concert" or Direct to Disc don't pay much money anymore.

I sold the last 500 in bundles of 30 to 50, and when they were not in excellent conditions I described them as "household clearence" stuff.

special collector fairs are mostly to expensive and make the organisers happy.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply