cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay just ripped me off?

I ordered a vintage accordion for $202.00 on Ebay. For some reason the Post Office returned the item. Seller complained, Ebay closed case and refused me a refund. What about the Ebay Guarantee? I have no item, and I am out $202.00 plus shipping. Buyer beware!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay just ripped me off?

Do you have the Shipping Tracking Number for the item?  If you you do then you may be able to look up why it was returned.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ebay just ripped me off?

@toyoun44 wrote:

I ordered a vintage accordion for $202.00 on Ebay. For some reason the Post Office returned the item. Seller complained, Ebay closed case and refused me a refund. What about the Ebay Guarantee? I have no item, and I am out $202.00 plus shipping. Buyer beware!!

When did you make the purchase? 
What does tracking say as far as delivery? 
Did you open INR? 
If you didn't open INR, how did ebay close the "case?"

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ebay just ripped me off?

File a complaint through your credit card. You will be asked to provide all documentation.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ebay just ripped me off?

That is exactly what I had to do.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ebay just ripped me off?

So you did not even try to open an item not received case with eBay first? Why not?

Is there some information missing here?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ebay just ripped me off?

He said ebay closed the case and refused his refund.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay just ripped me off?

I did! Ebay told me they were closing my case, and I would not receive a refund. I appealed and ask what about Ebays money back Guarantee? Two hours later they told me their decision stands and I would receive no refund. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply