cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Items

The image shown of a piece of lumber is being fraudulently listed as a prop from the 1939 film "The Wizard of Oz" - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wizard-of-Oz-Movie-Film-Props-items-Memorabilia-Collectibles-Hollywood-Stud... along with many other items by the seller.  I reported the seller to ebay about 6 years ago for the same practice, so the seller changed their name and continued selling and ripping off unsuspecting buyers.  The seller represents themselves as "experts" in the area of movie memorabilia, but if you read the descriptions on their auctions of the items supposedly props from Oz, you will notice the following:  the descriptions are exactly the same for each auction, and nowhere does it tell where the item can be seen in the movie.  the pictures used in the auction are just miscellaneous pics and have nothing to do with the item being sold, nor are there any pics of any documents which would verify the authenticity of the item (because the items are fakes and there are no documents to prove the validity of their claims.)  I asked for a certificate of authenticity for one item and the seller blocked me. 

I have been a Wizard of Oz collector for over 40 years and a member of the extensive Oz community since the introduction of the internet, and I can guarantee that all the items being auctioned which they claim are from Oz are total fakes.  If they were authentic props they would get much more money for them at an advertised auction from one of the companies that specialize in entertainment memorabilia.  But in order to consign an item to an auction house, you have to provide proof of their authenticity. 

Take a look at their other auctions and you won't believe the outrageous claims they make about them. 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0