cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone calls to eBay always state they are closed

When a vehicle is not as described in the ad and I decide not to purchase after physically inspecting (ie. told by buyer it had a B&M transmission when only the shifter was B&M=fraud), the seller put a strike on my account. This has happened twice in a year and now I am blacklisted to purchasing a vehicle. I have called eBay 1-800-682-3229 and the recording ALWAYS states they are closed all the time. I have a rating of 100% with over 1100 purchases.

Does anybody receive strikes because eBay does not care about Buyers anymore? Anybody have any other phone #'s for eBay? Is eBay now just working for the Sellers because they get  money from them?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: phone calls to eBay always state they are closed

You are very lucky using a phone to contact eBay you did not find a scammer.

Use the eBay Facebook page for aid.

Yes I know it is strange a company can be easier to deal with through a third party system, but that is the way it is.. Such is not the normal outsourced customer service: that system uses real eBay folks...

Crazy but it is what it is...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Bottom of the page - Help and contact

Dont know where you got that number.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Since motor vehicle sales on eBay are supposed to be non-binding on either party, hard to understand how a "strike" could be put on your account by anyone.  And eBay is the entity that puts a "strike" on your account, not the seller.  How do you know you're "blacklisted" from purchasing a vehicle? 

Go back and read more about motor vehicle sales on eBay, which are supposed to be non-binding on either party, meaning either buyer or seller can walk away from the deal, no harm, no foul.  Then continue trying to contact eBay using "Help & Contact", bottom of page.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply