cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay motors new parts faulty caused damage to my car

someone please help direct me, 

been buying from ebay motors for over 5 years./in oct got a new water pump for my 04 inf fx 45, installed in nov drove less than a month and the entire dam part broke off the block, leaving the bolts still mounted on engine, but snapped the pump clear off/causing damage and replacement to new radiator, fan clutch, fan blade, water pump, a tow bill, installation, antifreeze, etc.Those all had been replaced the same time the 'new p.o.c water pump" was installed. So again,MORE money to replace everything i just had done, less than a month prior, and on these cars, NOT CHEAP!!i contacted the seller, we went back n forth, i sent pics, emails, texts, more pics, they agreed to send me money to cover all, requested my address to send payment, (of which i thought was odd but gave it anyway, and gave them ample time, and benefit of the doubt to complete and here i still wait. what do i do? i cant find who to contact. contacted ebay they said contact ebay motors? this is wrong of this company to now ignore me!!! plz help

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

what you purchase is off of an individual not eBay, or eBay motors: eBay can not help you:

Contact your seller.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Do some reading and you will find that in almost all cases a car parts seller is not responsible for any incidental damages. This includes local sellers also. Their only liability is to replace a defective part.

You might have a case against the person who did the work. If it was DIY you are out of luck.

I strongly suspect this pump did not break off because it was faulty. If the impeller is not seized then it likely broke off for one of two reasons. Overtightened/loose mounting bolts or something else in the belt system seized; idler pulley, A/C clutch, harmonic balancer broke, etc. That should not be difficult to figure out.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

It is actually "consequential damages".  Most sellers will disclaim any liability on a part and in your case, the warranty is likely limited to the part itself.

You tried to find the cheapest part you could and you were successful.  However, in the game of life, YOU LOSE.

Next time, buy parts that you can trust.

I've been reading this nonsense here for over 20 years.  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@sne-1005 

As long as it's been, there's nothing Ebay will do.

You can file a claim with your payment source, but all you'll get is the money you paid for the water pump.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I hate to ask, but who installed it?  You?  Then you are at fault.

Installation comes with warranties when done by professionals.  Parts don't.  Parts are only as good as the installation and the person who makes sure you got the right part for the right car. 

Former auto repair shop owner here-No one is paying for that, but you.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Why did you have Replace ALL the same Parts a Month Ago.!

What Happen To Them a Month ago,??????????????????

Did you have a Problem With Something That your Not Telling us

......................................................................ABOUT?........................................

I am just Wonder

I am a Retired shop owner also.!

Just my 3.5 Cents

Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Most problems like this involve operator error although most people who make a mistake (which can be easy to do) are not aware of what they overlooked or will ever admit to it when the truth hits home.

A buddy of mine many years ago decided he wanted to go dirt track racing with Fords. His idea to create a faster revving engine was to machine the crankshaft .010/.010 and then install STD. size main and rod bearings. Worked great but 3 laps was as far as he ever made it before the engine started throwing connecting rods. Three times he did this. Was this his fault? Nope. It was Ford's.

He then tried a Chevy with the same method. One lap and the engine threw 3 rods. Two came around and cut the oil pan into segments and ruined the block. One rod went straight up through the aluminum intake and cut the back half of the Holley carb off. His fault? Nope. GM's.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

You want the seller to pay for subsequent damage?

I think it's called wish in one hand and spit in the other,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I'm amazed by some people's disregard for the obvious.  Leaving an additional 0.010 gap in the journals is certain trouble.  I'd love to hear the science that this Uncle Elmer used to move that project.

Always amazed at those that try and out-trick the factory.  Yes, in their little garage they know more than seasoned engineers at the manufacturer with nearly unlimited resources. 

Not to say that inventions don't exist, but I wouldn't be using beach sand as a lubricant in lieu of oil, either.

Uncle Elmer strikes again.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

ten thousands of an inch is plenty o'clearance. They just forgot to put saw dust into the motor oil

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I'm going to the same situation bro have you talked to anybody got any information eBay is trying to tell me they're out of out of it like it's not their problem literally so I'm fighting with a better Business girl the attorney general's office and with the import company cuz they the part came from China which I don't even know I thought it was coming from from Oregon so yeah if you got any information let me know

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

**bleep** I'm **bleep** surprised what kind of community health is this all everybody's doing is insulting and and pretty much putting the person down that's a **bleep**ed up **bleep** man and whoever's been on there for 20 over 20 years you've been reading this you need to get a life bro stop seeing people's problems and instead of seeing that and laughing at them just put short to work a **bleep** head you should get a life man for sure and **bleep** off these people alone yeah that's why people like you are the ones that give the encouragement to these other Sellers from China and all that to **bleep** people over people like you exactly

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I'm not nor have I ever laughed at anyone for their misfortune. I have stated at times I have no sympathy for someone who gets snookered on something such as a late model vehicle for 1200 dollars with free shipping,  money back guarantee, and so on.

You can fight with the BBB, the AG, and the import company all you want but it's a waste of time. It will go nowhere. You really think the AG is going to wrestle with a seller from China or even a seller who is providing Chinese parts? For what it's worth, the BBB is a totally toothless agency and will also do nothing.

As for DIY parts failures (as in the one that started this thread) it's a safe bet this was an installation issue of some sort.  Without car in hand and examination of the damage I can't say. My opinion is based on 2 things; track record of similar incidents and 45 years of turning wrenches.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I agree.  A part that fails has many stories to tell.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply