cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my car's auction still on ebay after 3 years?

I buy and sell cars as a hobby, and when it comes to selling, it helps if there is some mystery of the previous selling price of the car.

Ive noticed most of my auctions disappear within 90 days or so, but for some reason some auctions stay around forever. Here is one from 2014: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-355-F1-/331292504707?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d22...

HOW does one get these old auctions removed?

I've bought and sold dozens of cars over the past decade.  If I Google the vin number, most do not show up, even some as soon as 6mo ago, but there are a couple :  2, 3 and 4 years ago that do return Google results,  and click the link, and it takes you right to the page

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Maybe contact Google? But why does it bother you? Nothing on the internet is ever really deleted, just not accessable by the "average" user.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A  lot of my old station wagons and old car still show up on Goggle .I think its kind of neat to see still them Bruce.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I buy cars, fix them sell them.  It can affect the  ease of the sale if the potential buyer finds out I paid half of what I'm asking For example.

No,  its not a huge deal, since both prices are justified,  but it reduce the dialogue. 

The purpose of the question was more of why, and how to get those cars off. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply