cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer a good place to buy auto parts!

I have reached my limit with buying here. Stopped selling years ago but still bought here. No longer.

Purchased a AC Delco water pump for my Suburban. Waited for tracking but there was none. Only that payment had been received . 

It was suppose to be here by today so I looked at the order details only to find that my order had been cancelled two days ago at my request! I made no such request!

Decided to look at other similar listings. Checked feedback and guess what, this was happening with almost every seller selling AC Delco pumps. Canceled orders claiming the buyer requested the cancelation.

I have been refunded and because of that I can not leave the appropriate feedback. Evidentially other buyers left feedback before they were refunded.

So now to beat the system all you need to do is make up a lie.

I see where some of these buyers complained to eBay about this and got nowhere. Thay were told the reason was a error in the listing. B.S.!

The listing I bought from is still up and running

Its not the buyers problem that drop shippers cannot control inventory.

Sorry for the rant but I am feed up with these foreign sellers. They ruined this site with eBay's backing!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Was it a seller in China?  Thank God that it was cancelled. Chances are very high that the part is counterfeit or poorly made and would not have worked. Can you imagine waiting a long time for the part to arrive only to discover while installing it that it's defective or does not fit? For a water pump, it is best to buy it locally. This way if there is a problem, you can take it back rightaway.   When you buy auto parts on ebay, make sure that they are in the USA and have alot of excellent feedback selling auto parts.  Goodluck on your repair.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

YeP.  I try to avoid the Chinese sellers at all costs. They disguise themselves pretty good. Usually a, shipped from USA or a American flag in the listing gives it away.

Advertised as AC Delco. You are correct you cannot buy these things here any longer. 

On top of that they seem to be protected. Before I realized that the order was canceled I could no longer leave feedback. 

Lied about me canceling the order a got away with it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You have to really dig at times to determine if they are overseas or not. 

They sometimes use the same or similar store names over on AMZ and they have to list their venue registered location there.

It's a crap shoot at times trying to save some coin but I still find eBay the place to save in a lot of cases.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

We have had a number of customers that purchase from us AFTER they have been burned by Chinese crap parts.  I understand eBay wants money (who doesn't), but they allow it to go on and on and on.  It is frustrating.  Heck, even some US sellers have counterfeit or bait and switch items and nothing is done.  Sorry I don't have a water pump to sell you.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

For what it is worth you can report the seller for choosing the wrong reason for cancellation.

I have read that when a seller makes the "buyer requested" choice the eBay checks to see if there is such communication, but I do not know if that actually happens.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply