cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I noticed a bunch of listings with inaccurate compatibility listed for a car part.

I can't find any way to notify eBay.  I try to go through "Contact Us" but always get pushed to a menu that doesn't have an appropriate option.  There is definitely an error here and it's definitely being made by more than one seller.  I've already spent more time that I would have liked.  It's not my problem but it needs to be brought to someone's attention.  (If I ask someone for help and their response is: "That's not my problem",  I typically create a problem that is entirely theirs which can easily be resolved by resolving my problem.)   Can anyone tell me a quick and effective method to bring this to the attention of someone who can fix it?

I have screenshot of item listing and item number if/when needed.

Thank You!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I noticed a bunch of listings with inaccurate compatibility listed for a car part.

I for one applaud you and appreciate your attempt to get an incorrect listing corrected. I am sure both buyers as well as the seller would appreciate it. The best thing to do is probably send the seller a message directly; if they ignore it, well, they are the ones that will have to deal with the returns and defects.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is not your problem and none of your business.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I for one applaud you and appreciate your attempt to get an incorrect listing corrected. I am sure both buyers as well as the seller would appreciate it. The best thing to do is probably send the seller a message directly; if they ignore it, well, they are the ones that will have to deal with the returns and defects.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you very much for the help!  I received one other response, from a guy named Tony.  It simply says: "It's not your problem and none of your business."  Hysterical!  The bigger problem lies in the trend for large companies to filter our responses so we can be directed to the appropriate department.  If their isn't an option that addresses our issue, we expect to be directed to some sort of catch-all; normally a customer service phone number with an extensive hold time.  The trend I'm noticing more and more with large companies is to eliminate contact that can't be identified and routed according to a set of predetermined definitions.  If your intended purpose for contact doesn't match up to the qualifications defined by the menu options, the underlying message from the company is: "That's your problem."  In this case, Tony was correct.  It's not my problem.  Apparently it's become inappropriate to stick one's nose where it doesn't belong regardless of the consequences, as long as they don't pose a threat to oneself.

All this reminds me of a conversation I once overheard while I was inside the Intensive Care area in the Burn Unit of The Swedish Medical Center in Denver.  It went like this:  "Hey yo Tony."  "I wanted to tell you that your ass was on fire but then I remembered that advice you once offered"....."Not my problem and none of my business."           

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Tony,

I'll try to remember your advice if I ever see you walking down the street, unaware that your ass is on fire.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you had my money, you wouldn't care either.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply