cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact Ebay customer care when a return has been closed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently purchased a rack & pinion steering for my car from a seller on Ebay. The sale went smooth, I paid for the item as soon as I ordered it (12/8) and received it promptly, but it turned out I didn't need it after all. I emailed the seller same day as I had received the item and told him my reasons as to why I no longer needed it and asked to return it, he told me he didn't accept returns and closed the return I had started. I was extremely annoyed as the part cost $162.90 and was being fobbed off by this guy so I left him negative feedback. He contacted me and said he was aggrieved I had left him negative feedback and somehow deleted my feedback. So now that the return has been closed I can't even contact Ebay to appeal it. Has anyone been in a similar position or does anyone know how to contact Ebay customer care?. 

I have been buying and selling through Ebay since 2001 but this experience with them may well be my last

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

There is nothing to appeal.  If the seller indicated that they did not accept returns, you agreed to those terms when you clicked the purchase.  END OF STORY

The negative feedback could easily have turned into a legal issue since you are complaining about a term that you agreed to as part of the sales contract.  What would your negative be, anyway?  You failed to understand the terms and you are mad?

The $162 that you wasted is probably what a proper diagnosis of your problem would have cost in the first place.  I suspect that you fired the parts cannon, missed, now want to change the rules of the game.

Next time, read the terms of sale and also do a proper diagnosis of your problem.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To Tony 1963. 

Thank you for showing such kind empathy on this season of good will unto all men, your response has been duly noted.. 🥱

Funnily enough, the way your reply has been dictated sounds exactly like the comeback and insulting reply I got from the seller when I contacted him.. are you sure you aren't one and the same?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I believe that we need to have some type of "academy award" or "Oscar" when the core issue is attempted to be clouded by irrelevant data.  Time of year is not the issue here.  I could say the same of you.  With this time of year, why not have empathy on the seller and chalk it up to your error?  Leave the seller alone.

You are someone who wants to rewrite the rules after you agree to those rules.  While that is a great concept for a book, it is not supported by our business system.

If you are insulted by being told that you should read the terms of sale which are CLEARLY LISTED in a STANDARD LOCATION on all eBay listings (returns vs no returns), then I have no more information for you.

Back in the day, I dealt with a few who wanted to rewrite the rules and I said NO.   

However, I would suggest that you open your own eBay Store and show everyone how to sell products.  We will await with great anticipation!

Best wishes this Holiday Season...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply