cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay warehouse?

This is the email I received about a vehicle for sale. 

Now, I'm here in Biloxi , Mississippi, at the Keesler Air Force Base. The car is already at the eBay warehouse here in Biloxi along with all the paperwork and the transaction will be done through them. eBay will handle the shipping, the payment, and the paper exchange. The car is ready to be delivered to your place. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days, You will have free shipping and 5 days to test-drive and inspect the car before I receive any money.  If you are really interested in buying my car , please reply with your full name, a delivery address and a phone #. I will forward this info to eBay and they will contact you with all the info on how to buy it. Thank you!    

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Ebay warehouse?

That's a common scam. eBay just doesn't work that way. There is no warehouse.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

SCAM...next step is they want you to pay with eBay gift cards.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

eBay doesn't handle payments on vehicles. They don't have a warehouse. They don't store or ship vehicles. There's no inspecfion period. Vehicles can't be returned.  The scammer will be happy to send you a fake eBay invoice. 

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

One of the Older SCAMS!!!!

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

Classic SCAM from a liar and a thief that wants to steal your money.  Ebay never assists in sales or payments of items on other sites.

Free shipping on a car?  More like about 1200 dollars.  What a load of hooey.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

Scammers will stop at nothing to defraud people.  I hope they will be arrested.   This needs to be reported to the website where is was advertised.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

I got one of those type emails.   I replied that I was so glad that ebay would be handling the sale for both our protections.   Then I gave them just my ebay id and told them to just give the id  to ebay as ebay already had my name & address.

Never heard from them again.  Wonder why?

Also, by happy coincidence, my brother-in-law is the manager of the ebay warehouse in Biloxi.   I'll get him to check the car out.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

It is a known scam.  I don't think that eBay has a warehouse.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

Ebay does NOT have warehouses, Ebay does NOT have anything to do with vehicle sales from other websites. It is a SCAM.

PLEASE read all of this:

https://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

Tell them you will give them your name and address when they provide the address of the eBay warehouse in Biloxi. Not before.

That will end the discussion on this scam that never dies.

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

Anonymous
Not applicable

First sign that it is a scam:  You found the vehicle on a site other than eBay (craigslist, facebook marketplace, offerup, letgo, etc) and the "seller" tells you the transaction "will be done through them."  Legitimate eBay transactions begin and end on eBay.  Any other scenario is a scam, 100% of the time.  There are no exceptions to this rule.  

Second sign it's a scam:  "the car is already at the ebay warehouse."  eBay does not have any warehouses, not one.  

Third sign it's a scam:  "eBay will handle the payment, the shipping and paper exchange."  eBay handles NONE of that.  

Fourth sign it's a scam:  "it will be at your home address within 2-3 working days, You will have free shipping and 5 days to test-drive and inspect the car before I receive any money. "  So,  super cheap but excellent car for little money and free shipping to boot?  

Fifth sign it's a scam:  You're told to pay with gift cards, but don't worry, eBay will hold the money until you inspect the vehicle and want to keep it and only then will eBay release the money.  Well, guess what, your money is gone as soon as you give the gift card numbers.  And it can't be traced.

The scammers also send fake invoices with eBay logos with contact info, which is actually the scammer's contact info.  So you contact "eBay" and the scammer answers the phone or the email.

I would also guess that the scammer is claiming to be a woman who is in the military and doesn't have time to deal with it so eBay is going to take care of it for her.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

run away run away scam scam scam

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

Yeah just dealt with this **bleep** when looking for a car for my son:

--------------------------

HI

My name is Sadie Gardner , thank you for your interest in buying  my car 2014 Ford Explorer SPORT has 81,349, original miles,  automatic transmission. It is in perfect condition, no need for  additional repairs,no scratches, dings, rust, special marks whatsoever.  The interior looks great. It runs like new and all services are up to  date. Also, I need to mention that it was never involved in any  accidents. The last price is $3,500. This belonged to my husband and after he  passed away i decided to sell it.I moved at my daughter because I had a  throat surgery and i will remain here for few months at least. I'm  located in Las Vegas, NV and i took the car with me. I gave it to  eBay  who will deliver it to the next owner. The transaction will be  made through them for our own safety because I can't deal in person. The  best part about this is that you'll get 5 days for inspection for free  with no further obligation or fees.

If you're interested in  purchasing it just email me your full name, full address and phone # so  that I can initiate the deal through eBay  and they will contact you to  explain the procedure.

Waiting your email with the requested details. 

Thank you

---------------

And whoever it is isn't giving up... 

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

Ebay warehouse?

This got old 20 years ago.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply