cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trust & Safety Town Hall event

ewan@ebay.com
Enthusiast
***Save The Date: Trust & Safety Town Hall Next Thursday, April 21st***

Join Bill Cobb, President of eBay North America, and Rob Chesnut, Vice President of Trust & Safety, on Thursday, April 21 from 4:30- 5:30pm PDT for an online audio Trust & Safety Town Hall event.

Bill and Rob will provide an update on Trust & Safety initiatives at eBay, as well as answer your questions on the topic of Trust & Safety. You can submit questions before or during the event. Click below to submit your question, and to learn more!

http://pages.ebay.com/townhall/?ssPageName=CMDV:AB

Do it eBay!

~Ewan~
eBay Motors

"What's in your driveway?"

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Trust & Safety Town Hall event

Ebay's Trust & Safety Department is INDEED A JOKE!!! They are withholding my payments for things I sold for 20 days so I can't even afford ship them (I'm living hand-to-mouth like everyone else). I called this absurd department and got a lady named "Karen" for whom I could NOT UNDERSTAND HER ENGLISH. After having her repeat the same information numerous times (I couldn't understand her accent) I was able to deduce that she was just QUOTING SCRIPT and not any help at all!

She said that my payments are being withheld because "I charge too much for shipping" as per some abstract calculation. My "shipping and handling charges" star rating fluctuates between 4.6 and 4.9" This is A JOKE! The "shipping charge" feedback is SUBJECTIVE and the U.S. Postal Service dictates the shipping cost. Furthermore, the INTERNATIONAL RATES are quite high, and, of course the buyer is going to reflect this on THE SELLERS FEEDBACK. I charge actual postage plus a few dollars for the packing materials...and THAT'S IT!! How lame is the Ebay Trust & Safety Department for PENALIZING THE SELLERS and SHAREHOLDES ( the shareholders should know what's up since the Ebay Trust & Safety Dept is LOSING REVENUE for a stupid reason). The buyers SEE THE SHIPPING COST BEFORE THEY BID...if they don't to pay the shipping then they don't bid...it's just that simple!

I''ve been selling on Ebay off-and-on since 1999...and have quit whenever the idiot decision makers do things to HINDER BUSINESS. I've CANCELLED ALL OF MY AUCTIONS now and will sell my wares at my other venues. The Ebay Trust & Safety Department lacks the prescence of mind to rectify this lame situation and she only recommended that I REFUND THE THINGS i SOLD since they have locked up MY MONEY so I can't ship them. She said that I will get my seller's fees back when I "cancel the transaction." Furthermore, I needed this money to PAY MY SELLER FEES which are due by the end of this month...Ebay will not get paid now since they put a 20 day hold on my funds. Now EBAY WILL NOT BE PAID because they have tied up MY MONEY for 2 weeks after the invoice is due.

I don't have a printer so I can't print and upload tracking information. I have to go to the Post Office, PAY FOR THE SHIPPING FIRST, and then put the tracking number on the auction. I can't pay for the shipping first until they release my funds. This is a LAME PARADOX created by a LAME DEPARTMENT.

I'm through with Ebay and Paypal!! I will sell elsewhere...stupid idiots.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply