cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling a helmet

Hi! I'm hoping for some expert advice 🙂

I have a Schuberth helmet to sell, and this is my first attempt to sell this type of item. A few specific questions I'd love some help with:

1. What are the most important details to identify about the helmet?

2. What do I need to consider to ship?

3. Is ebay even a reasonable sales venue for a helmet?

4. What is the best category in which to list?

Thanks for any help/tips you can provide!

Angie

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Selling a helmet

one thing you can do to start is to look up Sold listing of the same helmet , not completed or current listings -

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yep, search Sold Listings for the same helmet (and sort by highest price first). IF any of them are bringing decent money, look at the top few listings to see what category they're listed in and what type info is in the listings.

Then remember that ebay/PayPal are going to take close to 15% of the sale price and you're going to spend an hour on it all-told. Then ask yourself if you could get close to your likely net ebay price for it locally on the List of Craig, local shopper's free paper or something similar. And have cash in your hand with no chance of the buyer wanting to return it for fit, smell, 'wife said no' or 'just because' and ebay making you give the $$ back. Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If it is brand new someone may want it. Used helmets are a tough sell. Who wants to put on a used helmet on their head???

I have a dozen pair of slightly used underwear, if you want to trade??

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

i have sold 50 yera old used helmet for as much as 600 dollers on ebay to very happy buyer

matters what they are, some are just plain collectable, the shubert ain't but they can also be carefully warshed inside to help remove fleas

wash it out, hang to dry state you warshed it put it on buy it now or best offer nobody wants to chase an auction for a 50 doller helmet

MY SIGNATURE:

you asked for it, you got it !!
a pathologically lying, criminally racist potus 😞

Message 5 of 5
latest reply