cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pagsta inner tube

tygerzrule
Enthusiast
Can anybody direct me to where I can find a Pagsta rear wheel inner tube for a Mini Choppa? My dealer has said it is on back order for more than a month, now! The key is the tube must have a stem that is at a right angle. Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Pagsta inner tube

What size is it...?

The tube, not the bike...
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

tygerzrule
Enthusiast
The tire is 4.50-12-4PR. Tube is 2.50x17x4
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If the tire size is 4.50x12 the tube size you need is also a 4.50x12.....

Not 2.50x17 and I have no idea what the extra x4 refers to...

Sounds like a standard 4.5x12 scooter tube available anywhere BUT you local Pagsta dealer..

Try the scooter shop down the street...
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

tygerzrule
Enthusiast
Okay, you're right, of course. I was copying from a post-it-note that I got from the Dealer, tire shop, Honda shop, all of which had three different sizes, and I'm confused about which. (By the way, I'm the Mom of son who needs this, if that explains my stupidity) This should clarify things. Honda had a 2.75/3.00-12 that they said fit, except the stem was straight, and has to be at a right angle. Local tire store went through their huge catalogue, and couldn't find a tube with a right angle stem. After the Honda shop, and Pagsta shop, there are no more scooter stores, here. But thanks for your help. I'll try another city.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Well, now you can call me the dummy...

The bent stem type tube I had in mind was a 4.00/3.50x10"...

Apparently PAGSTA has used a proprietory 12" size tire on this bike and they have you by the short and curlys....

Not a single tube in my catelogs come close either...

If there is room the straight stem may work in a pinch but it's also a little smaller..and will of course expand...

rots o ruck......
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Tubes can be patched you know.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

m.snyder
Enthusiast

you can use a reg tube with a straight stem you just have to take the tire off then take the middle apart if u need to add air. I couldn't find a tube with the bent stem so i bought a 3.75/4.00x12 tube with the straight stem & it works fine

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Praise the Lord-seriously-i was praying-God is good and gave my Christian mechanic wisdom and understanding and perseverance and he found that elusive inner tube- i looked everywhere i could not find it on the internet with the right valve stem- no answers- God reveals secrets-ok here it is -8 years late to the original posting, but i was looking at this, so maybe it will help somebody-this is the inner tube for a Pagsta 50- rear tire 4.5-12-  -now listen, the description will not match and this is why it so elusive- the description is metric-yes-I tried going to a major motorcycle/atv/... dealer and they said they could not help me, I have read of major scooter dealers having no clue how to get this tube-my mechanic did the same thing as me, but he asked to go through their booklets with them and found the equivalency in metric, he put it on, said it fit-Original manufaturer of the product i got is  size 120/130/70-12  JS-87C-he was big on making sure the stem fit too so im assuming that all fit good too as it was a very rare stem. I looked on the website-I think you have to call to order- (He ordered mine through that motorcycle place i mentioned-sportland 2 Inc.-part #1208 - -motorcycles-tubes-standard tubes-and you will see this size twice-not sure the difference - the info other people have put up has helped me many times-first time i can help someone else 😉 take care-God Bless- P.S.-let me know how it works for you or if i forgot anything.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply