cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritations #2

Woke up to snow this morning.....and laundry. B-)
Message 1 of 1,662
latest reply
1,661 REPLIES 1,661

Re: Irritations #2

This is a little irritating, but also a puzzle to solve:

20160725_151540 reduce.jpg

The part on the left is five pieces super glued together to get a measurement of what it used to be.

This wheel just self destructed, it got a bit old I suppose, and went to pieces... Smiley Tongue

The exercise machine it came from is long out of production, the wheel is about 2 3/4 dia, 1/2" axle bore, and 1 1/2" thick hub.  I think I may have found an industrial supply that will have a compatible wheel.  I tried a caster wheel from Lowes, the axle bore was 3/8" and it did not drill out to 1/2" very well.

All the best,

Charles

Message 1636 of 1,662
latest reply

I was in the alley with weed wacker trimming the grass along my fence when I thought I got struck with a rock off the wrist. Turned out to be a wasp, Got stung not once, not twice, but thrice !!  Can you say MOTHERF**KER!!   2 spots on arm and on back of head. Arm is stinging and head is throbbing.

There was still 2 bastards on me when I got to the bathroom. My son managed to kill them both and we gave them a burial at sea in a clockwise fashion.

Did I also mention Tabernac ! 

Winnipeg city planning history: prior to the 60s, the neighborhoods all have streets in front of the house and a back street in between backyards of adjacent streets.

Some are fortunate to have a driveway off the front street, others either park on street or use the alley to park in their backyard or garage in backyard.

I'm one of the spoiled ones, I have a front driveway

Message 1637 of 1,662
latest reply

Charles, Try a google search or Amazon or even eBay for your machine part. You will be surprised at what is out there. Since you have the mold, maybe you can get someone to make a 3D printed part......hee, hee!

Dave, Since I am allergic to those bastrids, I feel for you. I have an epipen. My doctor long ago told me that to stop some of the pain and swelling you should make a paste of Benadryl and Triple Antibiotic Cream and apply it liberally to the stings. It works for fly and skeeter bites too. Try it. Also three fingers of a good scotch helps.

Message 1638 of 1,662
latest reply

One of my kitties likes to hunt my popsicle sticks I use for holding parts for painting. Tonite I found one on floor with tape on it and didnt realize until later that it was one of the sticks I had a part taped to that I had painted a few days ago. So now I am missing a front air scoop for a Ferrari I am building.  And worse is that it is an obvious piece that prevents me finishing the car.  Not somehting you can hide and not a shape that one could scratchbuild..  arggg. Now I gotta put EVERYTHING I work on away . I had to put my bin of popsicle sticks out of reach too now.  I was hoping to finish the car tomorrow.

Message 1639 of 1,662
latest reply

Have you thought that maybe the pussy cat ate the part? Check the litter box Dave. Have fun!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 1640 of 1,662
latest reply

Dave,

I guess a little dificult to shape, file and sand from some hobby putty....  At least it would just be one part you need to fiddle with for a few hours to get perfect.

All the best,

Charles

Message 1641 of 1,662
latest reply

It's a difficult shape.  I emailed a modelling aquaintance who happens to buy a lot of kits just to use parts for other projects so he had 2 spare Ferrari kits so was more than happy to donate the part I needed.  He has kits to no end. Could open a hobby shop. many kits he has 2 and 3 of. He invited me over so got to spend a couple hours talking about modelling and he enjoyed showing me things he done to cars he built.

Mission success. I already machined out the molded in mesh and primed.  And put in a box so kitty can't walk off with it.

Off to IPMS meeting/bbq.

Message 1642 of 1,662
latest reply

Dave,

Cool, that's like an acquaintance in need is a friend indeed....?  Smiley Tongue

All the best,

Charles

Message 1643 of 1,662
latest reply

I haven't been able to do anything for almost a week now. Even typing is a problem. You see my body decided to get sick on me with a bout of hand, foot and mouth disease. This is not hoof and mouth and I did not kiss any mad cow diseased bovines. Nope. This is a virus that is spread by air or contact. So I am mad at whoever sneezed on me or did not wash their hands before I grabbed that door knob after them. Anyway, the symptoms are like having psoriasis with burn blisters on top of that and the pain of arthritis with the itch of a bug bite. My fingers swelled up like sausages and the blisters just kept on growing. These things are on your hands, feet and inside your mouth. There is no cure. Just have to tough it out. today I can finally bend my fingers enough to almost make a fist again. A few more days and I might be back to normal. All I have been able to do is just sit and watch the boob tube. The Olympics are not all that interesting. Trust me.

Message 1644 of 1,662
latest reply

Pete,

Ouch!!  That's a lot nastier than the cold I had for two or three weeks...  Nice you are improving.

All the best,

Charles

Message 1645 of 1,662
latest reply

Had a dentist appt today that was made 6 weeks ago. had a temp filling put in then until swelling went down etc. SO I went in today only to find out they made the appt on my appointment card but failed to put it in their appontment "book" so had to reschedule to another day.  I just want htis temp filling gone.

After some shitty dentists in the military and unprofessional/poor bedside manners for dental assistants, I don't like having to go but can't neglect things.

Plus the freezing really bothers me as it wears off...so I was psyched up for this appoint.

Good thing I didnt have a job I had to leave from.

Probably worse things to worry about but still frustrating.

Message 1646 of 1,662
latest reply

I hate needles so I do not get the freezing shot when just having a filling. Actually I haven't had a filling in years, but I have had several crowns and root canals. Now for those I get the shot. Anyway, I just love the deep blue eyes of my dentist. Her face is pretty too. My wife even gets the shot for a cleaning. Wimp!

Message 1647 of 1,662
latest reply

Last april when I went to an audiologist to get hearing test for my VA claim, what a honey. just a young thing, like had to have graduated within couple years prior. Tight lIttle dress uner the lab coat revealing her legs.    Maybe I was deafer than actually tested after lost in a trance of eyeing her up. hehehe/  Huh? What's that? Sorry, wasn't paying attention.

Message 1648 of 1,662
latest reply

Since I am part of the Canadian national study on aging, I get my hearing and everything else tested every three years. Last time was last year and I already knew I had hearing loss in my right ear due to Nam injury. Well now they tell me I have lost my mid-range hearing in the left ear too. That is the speaking voice range which means I now know why I have a hard time hearing what my wife says when she criticizes my driving and other things. Come to think of it that may be a good thing after all........Smiley Very Happy

Message 1649 of 1,662
latest reply

Expense #1. Clothes washer died on Wednesday.

Expense #2. Air exchanger motor burned out last night.

Expense #3. Car needs semi-annual service.

Wish I were made of money.

Message 1650 of 1,662
latest reply