ebay seller shool

how to join ebay seller school

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: ebay seller shool

@niwantha80 wrote:

how to join ebay seller school

Hi @niwantha80! You can go here to access the eBay Seller School. It's not something that's available in the app though. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi - i don't know how to contact you otherwise, and didn't realize until i hit, 'send' that i just missed the deadline and the community chat had closed.  you can delete this once you have read it or you can add it to the discussion on there and answer me there -- whatever you prefer... i only want to make sure you saw this info...

if it helps any...  i have gone through the problem of not being able to combine shipping SEVERAL times as a buyer...  it is not usually feasible to combine shipping.  this is because the programming in the buyer's cart will reject any attempt to combine if there are any other deals or discounts being applied.

also, sometimes there are no obvious discounts in effect, but it still won't allow for combining shipping.  and, my sellers also asked for help from customer service, and on their end, c/s thinks it should work.

as a buyer, i regularly run into this problem with sellers, and thankfully, i can understand.    my sellers end up having to reimburse me after the fact...and i have to trust them to do so.  but it's still frustrating for both of us, and i can only imagine what a buyer who isn't a seller feels about it.

i have asked that this be looked into in the past, and i see that it is still a problem.   at this time, reimbursement seems to be the only way around it.

It needs to be addressed!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@c.b. wrote:

Hi - i don't know how to contact you otherwise, and didn't realize until i hit, 'send' that i just missed the deadline and the community chat had closed.  you can delete this once you have read it or you can add it to the discussion on there and answer me there -- whatever you prefer... i only want to make sure you saw this info...

if it helps any...  i have gone through the problem of not being able to combine shipping SEVERAL times as a buyer...  it is not usually feasible to combine shipping.  this is because the programming in the buyer's cart will reject any attempt to combine if there are any other deals or discounts being applied.

also, sometimes there are no obvious discounts in effect, but it still won't allow for combining shipping.  and, my sellers also asked for help from customer service, and on their end, c/s thinks it should work.

as a buyer, i regularly run into this problem with sellers, and thankfully, i can understand.    my sellers end up having to reimburse me after the fact...and i have to trust them to do so.  but it's still frustrating for both of us, and i can only imagine what a buyer who isn't a seller feels about it.

i have asked that this be looked into in the past, and i see that it is still a problem.   at this time, reimbursement seems to be the only way around it.

It needs to be addressed!!

Hi @c.b.! We have that weekly chat but it's not the only way to contact us. We check the boards and do our best to respond when we're tagged in things. For the most part though, the Community pages are meant to be a place where members help members, so you'll usually see responses from your peers, rather than eBay. 

Having said that, I know the powers that be are aware of the desire to allow for combined invoices/shipping in the app. It's just not a feature that's on the roadmap at this time. If you run into a seller that has combined shipping set up though, you could add items to your cart, and then purchase via the website as a workaround to getting reimbursements where sellers are willing to do so. 

We always appreciate getting feedback from our members though, so thank you for sharing this with us! 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply