cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Pin to Pinterest - Rover Link and Android UL3.0

Now when I try to tweet my listings Im getting this long rover link that Ive never seen before today. Also pinning to Pintrest I get a big box with Android UL3.0 in it instead of an image of my item. What is going on??

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Rover Link and Android UL3.0

It seems like something related to affiliate marketing links. I dont think its an issue in the url itself. The only issue is photo displays..somehow needs to be fixed to display thumbnails

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

I believe it is at least partly a url problem because before the problem sharing an item from the android app began last Oct, the link shared was a straightforward ebay.com one with a photo of the item, not an ebay.rover followed by a very long string of letters url with no photo of the item. Either way, since it did work before an update in Oct, the fix shouldn't be difficult to track down and resolve with a coding change. 

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

I think we all need to place this issue at: Facebook.com/eBay AND Twitter.com/AskeBay

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

Great because of your lack of response and fixing this issue eBay. Now now there's another issue Pinterest has deemed your urls harmful and spammy they are now blocked from sharing. It does not take a programmer or programmers this long to fix a very known issue. EBay it is hurting our sales. STOP 🛌 SLEEPING!!!!

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

And now it' 1st day of spring 2018, and this is still a problem. I thought it was me until I found this thread. ( not easy to find, it' burried) probably not enough comments for them to fix it. 

**bleep**???

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

I have the same problem

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

I have same issue. So annoying
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Please get this fixed

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Anyone else still having this issue? I get the message to avoid final value fees if I sell from sharing, but I can't share. 

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

I can't receive a ebay page because I get android ul3.0 what's the problem? I see many other people are having the same problem why can't this be fixed?

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

I wonder if it isn't about trying to monetize advertising... Instagram doesn't allow links, unless you pay. I've always had difficulties with eBay/PayPal rude and inefficient customer service. Absolutely horrifying. So the lack of interest in fixing this issue speaks as much in volume as unhelpful customer service for their sellers. We are products in a never-ending supply of products. They don't really care about anyone's bottom line but their own. I think they don't want to host images to another platform. Bandwidth. Just guessing. 

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

Yes a continued problem one year later!
Message 27 of 39
latest reply

I just tried to share a link to my listing (through the EBay app that offers no final value fee for listings linked through social media), and attempted to link/post to Pinterest.....same issue discussed in this post.  ANYONE???

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

Has anybody figured out how to fix this. I thought I was doing something since I am fairly new at posting on pinterest?
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

Still can't share to pinterest through the Share This button in app even though they've known about the problem and there have been several updates to the app since then, but no fix for this issue. Sharing to twitter and facebook works through app, but pinterest is still a no go. 

Message 30 of 39
latest reply