cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in

When I used to sign in to my ebay account, I type the e mail & password correctly. But it goes to a verification tab & says to fill recaptcha. Is this happens to everyone or only me?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had that problem a couple of weeks ago.

I did finally figure it out.  I had my autosaved password intentionally wrong, so that on the first try, it would come back as "password incorrect", then on that screen, the password was correct.  My reasoning is security (from years and years ago, not a thing now).  

Anyhow, it wouldn't let me log in, endless loop of captcha, then back to the home page.  So I finally had to use my phone and change the password to the incorrect one and all was well.  

And the bay has been doing some upgrading, so it could be that too.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I had that problem a couple of weeks ago.

I did finally figure it out.  I had my autosaved password intentionally wrong, so that on the first try, it would come back as "password incorrect", then on that screen, the password was correct.  My reasoning is security (from years and years ago, not a thing now).  

Anyhow, it wouldn't let me log in, endless loop of captcha, then back to the home page.  So I finally had to use my phone and change the password to the incorrect one and all was well.  

And the bay has been doing some upgrading, so it could be that too.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ok thanks a lot, this was helpful for me.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I’m having this problem. My sign in doesn’t go to my account. Instead it goes to a place where I have to pick out pictures to prove I am a human. Goes on and on and goes to yet another page. Please help I have orders to fill!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@cat20sew 

My sign in doesn’t go to my account. Instead it goes to a place where I have to pick out pictures to prove I am a human. Goes on and on and goes to yet another page.

Are you using a browser, or the eBay app?

If the app, make sure it is the latest version and that you are signing in using the correct password. Or try signing in using a browser instead.

If you are using a browser and having problems, try using a different browser or a private or incognito browser window. Preferably the latest version of a popular browser with default settings and no add-ons installed. If that works better for you, try clearing cache and eBay cookies in the original browser.

Captcha problems can be associated with blocking cookies or blocking third party cookies; check your browser to make sure cookies are being accepted:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Using a VPN, hotspot or certain types of privacy software such as Ghostery or Disconnect can also cause Captcha issues.

Try going directly to eBay and signing in there rather than using an old bookmark.

If you have previously linked a social media account to your eBay account, try signing in via social media rather than with username and password.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply