cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Version of Android Mobile App Removes Multi Photo Uploads?

My name is Brian. I sell over 200+ a week. Taking 12 photos per item and a average of 220 items, means that I upload 2640 photos per week. As of my force downloading this "update". I can now only upload one photo at a time. Do you think this increases my time efficiency and productivity? Is there anyway to revert back to the previous build? Is there another update coming immediately to fix this? The last build wasn't even perfect, I have a list of issues, but I'd give anything for Multi Photo Uploads back. What can be done? Thank you for your time.
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Multi Photo Uploads? Did you know it takes that many CLICKS?

So, it has been over a month and still no way to upload multiple photos at once?  What's the deal?  Every other app on my droid allows me to upload multiple photos - and none of them send me stupid messages that say things like, "Buyers like photos!!" and "10 Tips on Taking Great Listing Photos".  So, why is ebay, an app that stands to benefit immediately from improved photo postings, so completely inept when it comes to making photo posting simpler?  I would post double the number of photos if I could upload multiple pix at once and skip the unnecessary crop/rotate step.  But as it stands, posting photos one by one and dealing with the auto-crop nonsense is killing my productivity.  GET THIS FIXED!!!! 

Message 46 of 61
latest reply

@collectingcomponents

Thank you for the post. We are working on getting the multi-photo version out to all sellers. If you do not have the switch available on the desktop you will be on the single photo version until we move more sellers into this.

Message 47 of 61
latest reply

Please give us an update.

@mobile_feedback

Message 48 of 61
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is causing me a real problem and killing my productivity. Please, please, please can you fix this - listing used to be a pleasure now I hate it.

Please can you tell estimate how long this is going to take to fix, if it's more than another 3/4 weeks I will switch back to an iphone - yes it's really that bad!

Come on ebay, you're better than this!

not happy.

Message 49 of 61
latest reply

Hello, 

Are there any updates on Android users going back to adding multiple photos?

I still do not have the Quick Listing Tool in the App on my phone. 

Message 50 of 61
latest reply

hi all, has there been any update on this?
i do not have that option as well.

just curious, do you know how many clicks on

your phone it takes to upload just ONE PHOTO

into a listing?

1 - click on add photos
2 - click on add up to 12 photos
3 - click on select from gallery
4 - click on gallery
5 - click on albums / assuming you put them in an ebay album [i do]
6 - click on photo you want
7 - click on upload
REPEAT 11 MORE TIMES!
.....the alternative to this is to open a listing in the app and take the photos there,

but that requires you to edit at the same time and constantly be opening a listing.

again, another crazy time waster. we should be able to take a boat load of photos without

being in the app, edit when its a good time for us and then upload all 12 at once to

a listing. im new to listing on my phone, so i never had the luxury before, i was using

my digital and my sd card, the phone is faster....but man, if we could upload all 12
at once?!!!!! geeeeeeez! i will be watching this post, thanks.

Message 51 of 61
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

its been nearly a week since my post, any response? 

hello...

Message 52 of 61
latest reply

Why is this question showing as solved? If it was solved then why can I still not upload multiple pictures? Did I miss the resolution in the thread somewhere? I'm pretty sure I didn't because I read the whole thing. I don't have the option to switch to the quick listing tool, so is there another resolution that I'm not aware of? Thanks!

Message 53 of 61
latest reply

This is crazy. I went from selling 1,800 a month down to 100. Why? Because I cant list. It's super time consuming trying to add photos, so much so that I often list on other apps. I've been waiting for an answer to fox this issue for well over 6 months and nothing. The remedy that is suggested <Strong> DOES NOT WORK </STRONG> Please do not say this is solved when it is obviously an on going issue. That is a giant slap in the face to all android ebay users who are waiting for a fix. 

Message 54 of 61
latest reply

It's things like these that make the app so frustrating to use. How can this even be acceptable? why would you not be able to make the change through the app itself? what if you are stuck and can't use a computer nearby? hell, why even have the app in the first place if you are better off just selling at home?

start taking this  seriously F.F.S.

Message 55 of 61
latest reply

Has this issue ever been resolved? Is there a work around that anyone is aware of? I searched online and always end up back at this forum . This really quite ridiculous .

Message 56 of 61
latest reply

Here is a solution that works for me credits to arol_oz.

"Try this because it worked for me after I played around in Ebay for a time:  I joined Sellers Hub. You'll know you're in the Hub because your selling activities page will change to the new format. Don't worry you don't have to stay on the Hub because I clicked on Opt Out (top right-hand of screen if I remember correctly) and the option to go back to the "previous tool" I was using came up. After clicking on that link, I was back on the quick listing tool.... and still am."

Message 57 of 61
latest reply

Why do eBay keep marking these as solved when they are clearly NOT.

The option to that eBay give about switching to the quick listing tool is not available.

When I started to close my account the response was...

Yes that is correct we don't have this option available on android application. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

So we are just being led on multiple photos is not going to available for Android I mean it's only been a year so far.

Message 58 of 61
latest reply

WHY WHY WHY can't you fix this? I cannot revert to quick listing as it isn't there. I have rung ebay customer services countless times, but to no avail because 90% of the time they have no idea what they are even talking about. Ebay have been promising to fix this for well over a year (check previous posts) and reel out the same stock response about 'looking into it'. It is a laborious, time-consuming task listing on ebay without multiple uploads. I litererally hate ebay because of the time it takes and the fact they don't give a **bleep** about android users. USELESS

Message 59 of 61
latest reply

Wonderful! Nothing like waiting 10 minutes doing 1 listing. I am beyond frustrated with all these fixes and increases in fees.
Message 60 of 61
latest reply