cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Interface Display on 5.41.1.0

I was using the eBay app as recently as yesterday and noticed nothing different within the app. I then closed eBay and reopened it via the Acorns app in order to make a purchase. The display was a lot different and looks sparse and like it's still under construction . After looking through this forum, I'm assuming this is now the new permanent look of the eBay app. It looks like someone referred to this new look as the "white UI" and the old look as the "blue UI".

So is this new "white UI" actually the eBay app's new look? It definitely looks like a downgrade...like this was the early version of an app that someone is still developing and hasn't had time to work on making the app "look nice". This stripped down back-to-basics look is the new version?

If that's the case, does anyone have any idea if there's a way to make it go away? Any way to go back to the old and infinitely more pleasant looking "blue UI"?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Interface Display on 5.41.1.0

Same issue. Just started yesterday. The aesthetics are terrible.

Temporary workaround is to reinstall the app and then just leave it open but this is by no means a permanent solution.

eBay PLEASE STOP changing interface, it looks awful. If you insist on the "new" horrific user interface, please give the option of going back to the blue one.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@plebplays @cattledog8k 

Thanks for the feedback. This is the new design that has been rolling out over the last 5 months. We will send your feedback over to our design team.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If that's the case, one work-around would be to uninstall this version, reinstall the last APK with the blue UI, and disable automatic updates for the app.

I have a really old version of the eBay app on a old phone I sometimes carry around the house and it works fine.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply