cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on Mobile Android Application

Hey there,
I was testing out a redirect linking feature I wanted to implement on my store and ran across a major glitch on the mobile application version when doing so. Was wondering if I can get this reported to ebay's QA or development team to get this issue up the chain and resolved.

It seems that when I attempt to link a user either back to my store or to a search request for specific items in my store, it fails to upload all relevant data to the user. Not sure why it's failing on the mobile app, but from the top of the screen, you can see the application is attempting to redirect while still in the description of the original listing that the link was posted in.

The issue is not present in the web version of the application. It redirects the user as intended. Only an issue with mobile phones.

Links in question posted within description of this listing. 

The store link will redirect and load without issue until you try and pull up a listing within the store, but the search request for specific items fails to load any full listings, only titles, and clicking into them only pull up an image added to the listing clicked on.

Appreciate your time,
- RJ

Screenshot_2023-05-08-12-31-31-862.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-08-12-31-45-386.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-08-12-31-58-246.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-08-12-32-44-547.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-08-12-32-53-773.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

For starters @criticalhitgamingemporium, you should fix those links because they're missing the required target attribute.

Run a scan on this page:

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContentScanner.htm

It will present you with info needed to fix your listings. After you revise your listings, see if that fixes the issue you're having in the app.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Appreciate you showing the tool in attempt to scan and fix my links. I tried using it, and edited my listing with the filtered fix. However, looking at the HTML code that it provided on my test case, it doesn't seem to have changed anything from my original formatting to it's filtered tab. The original links redirected to the appropriate page when clicking into it, but when going into new listings from the loaded page, it is producing the errors I mentioned previously. Seems to be an issue with the ebay android application. Again the links work perfectly fine/as intended on desktop which makes me think it's a bug in the android app something regarding the loading of the new listings. (I don't have much experience with HTML but I do have a bit of knowledge of programming in general working with c# for 2 years.). You can see I'm still within the Description of the original listing (up top on the screenshots) that has the links when I tried to load the new pages.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@criticalhitgamingemporium wrote:

Appreciate you showing the tool in attempt to scan and fix my links. I tried using it, and edited my listing with the filtered fix. However, looking at the HTML code that it provided on my test case, it doesn't seem to have changed anything from my original formatting to it's filtered tab. 

Can you assist this seller with revising listings using your active content scanner @shipscript ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply