cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced “Good Till Canceled”

When you relist an item for sale, it automatically posts it up as “good til canceled”.... meaning they charge you. They don’t give you the option to have a regular 30 day listing on the mobile app. You have to do it on desktop. Stop charging us and forcing us to use “good till canceled”. You have to read the small print before you relist the item... they won’t even let you change it.

Message 26 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Selling duration option not working

Yes this is a disaster, please correct this ASAP. It makes the mobile app useless for me. Also why can’t I set my preferences the way I want and have every new listing have the same parameters? Maybe I’m missing something?

Message 106 of 125
latest reply

They wont change it im done with ebay selling 

Message 107 of 125
latest reply

Removing this setting makes zero sense, and with the number of posts re: this I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t fix. Is there is an alternative 3rd party app? 

Message 108 of 125
latest reply

I agree with everyone else the new format that will not allow you to do 30 days sucks thanks a lot eBay for screwing us again now the good till  canceled is great  for eBay “but wait eBay is here for us the sellers “ bull **bleep** if that’s true change it back stop making thing hard for us to use but in return benefits eBay 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Message 109 of 125
latest reply

eBay needs to hire a professional manager like me to revamp all the apps and programs. They obviously have little business background and probably have not used eBay extensively like I have for decades. They do a poor job of testing and have a mediocre invisible feedback system. The changes, and lack of changes, usually does nothing but frustrate customers.

I informed them of the Good Till Cancel issue about a month or so again. They think its a great feature and what customers want. Have they ever talked with their customers? NO!

Message 110 of 125
latest reply

I havent been selling on ebay due to this its been mo ths this still hasnt been fixed lol this is a joke 

Message 111 of 125
latest reply

Yeah great job Ebay developers, instead of letting us have the FREEDOM to CHOOSE what we should do and figuring out what works best for our particular situation, why don't you just FORCE US to do what you WANT us to do and see if you think that works best for us.  NO LOGICAL FLAWS THERE!

Message 112 of 125
latest reply

Because buying mentality is different. When you know the time is getting short you made the decission as a buyer. When the auction with BIN is for 10 days you have to made the decision as a buyer. When it is for 30 days as a buyer you have more time not to buy. Simple. Congrats to the manager that invented this, must be an MBA for sure.
Message 113 of 125
latest reply

The way I work around it is this:

i do all my listings on the app but save them.

then I go to desk top and bulk change them to 7'days. 

I hate the extra step, but they make you have to be creative!

Message 114 of 125
latest reply

Can you explain why?

you could manage the duration before this latest app update, so why not now?

There must be a reason.

Message 115 of 125
latest reply

Yes, because it has been my experience that GTC items are not automatically included in search.
Message 116 of 125
latest reply

Something definitely has changed with number of views...items are not getting the same visibility.... never have I ever had only 2/3 views on my items, day after day week after week...if there's no visibility how can there be sales

as far as GTC goes...I'm still waiting an answer as to WHY it's the only option on Buy it Now listings.....you'd think they'd realise by now it is NOT a popular decision they took....the app is supposed to make life easier not create problems and WASTE people's times checking this amending that, not being told about this or that, ...sad

Message 117 of 125
latest reply

I don't think this is going to work anymore. It's what I've been doing also. It's a pain but then I have control over when my items get relisted. I just got an update today in my eBay messages saying that starting with March all fixed price listings will be set to good till cancelled which is just another way that they're going to gouges for more fees. I sometimes have things that don't sell for months and other things that sell right away. I don't really care how long they take to sell because I have pretty consistent sales and everything sells eventually. Sometimes there are several of an item for sale and mine just sits there but then when the others have sold mine does too so I still get my price. And sometimes it just is waiting for the right person to want it, regardless of price.  I sell a lot of unique items.  And like many others I usually wait until they give us some free listings to relist the less popular items so they don't cost me money to relist. I consider myself pretty small-scale but even so I have about 300 items listed which would cost me about $100 a month if I had to pay for each listing. I don't understand why eBay doesn't listen to the sellers when they express their dissatisfaction with these blanket policies. They must be losing people who move on to other venues.

Message 118 of 125
latest reply

Easy. So I'm not charged a relisting fee every 30 days. Mandatory Good til Cancelled listings make life expensive, difficult, and fail to produce more sales. This will essentially end my eBay business because I cannot absorb those fees and remain profitable, because reducing the number of items I list to maintain those within the month's free insertions will reduce my volume below Top Rated Seller status and eventually result in the lowest seller status which last time I looked results in higher fees - is it 4% more? There's little sense in continuing to sell with profits dwindling and rules moving against you. My tenure here is ending. Thanks for the ride!

Message 119 of 125
latest reply

Not to be the pessimist but I think we're all wasting our time with this. Sadly this proves yet again that eBay just doesn't care about the sellers.

Message 120 of 125
latest reply