cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced “Good Till Canceled”

When you relist an item for sale, it automatically posts it up as “good til canceled”.... meaning they charge you. They don’t give you the option to have a regular 30 day listing on the mobile app. You have to do it on desktop. Stop charging us and forcing us to use “good till canceled”. You have to read the small print before you relist the item... they won’t even let you change it.

Message 26 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: Selling duration option not working

Let me explain why a seller would want an end time for a fixed price:

if you are selling a common item, it is hard for buyers to find your item. The first 20 days, no one may ever even see it. I have always listed fixed prices at 7 days, and have had great success. I absolutely do not like this change. We have been on ebay for 18 years now. This is a bad decision by ebay!

Message 15 of 125
latest reply

We want to move inventory quickly! Not let it sit for 30 days. Our items go to the bottom of the list, and we have money tied up for too long. This is a great disadvantage for small business owners. Very bad idea!
Message 16 of 125
latest reply

I don't understand why the option to choose duration for fixed price is on my computer but it is not available on the app.

Message 17 of 125
latest reply

I agree with everyone above.  The 'good till cancelled' puts our items at the bottom of the list when people search for an item.  Once items get close to ending, buyers seem more likely to purchase as they see something ending soon, and watchers get alerts to let them know the item might be ending soon.  It also helps me as a reminders to reset my listing and perhaps adjust price, description, pictures, etc.  The 7 day option allows me to do this each weekend as I am a small seller and I have another job throughout the week.

Message 18 of 125
latest reply

We've been selling on ebay for 20 years now and 30 day listings are bad for both ebay and sellers. 30 day listings equal less sales per week which equals less money for you and for us. We have tried all different combinations, and fixed price,  7 day or less listings work the best.  We can list much faster and get more listings on per day to our store through our phones. If we are not able to go back to our old phone app, we most likely will be switching to etsy, Amazon or one of the other dozen online sites. We definitely like the ease of mobile app listings, but making us put it on for 30 days is wrong in so many ways that I can't believe you have to ask, does nobody in your department actually use it for business?  Sorry ebay, you may have finally pushed us over the edge. We were really close with the loss of being able to get our power seller discount because of you wanting us to have to pay return shipping. We sell antiques and larger items and that is not possible for us to do as we our a small business. When you add in the fee increases and final value on actual cost of shipping, it's just getting non competitive. We can sell our local auction house who puts it online through auctionzip for almost the same cost as you with no shipping involved on our end. If your goal is to lose the mom and pop businesses, you are succeeding! 

Message 19 of 125
latest reply

I am in agreement with everyone.  This is a ridiculous feature! I’ve been considering switching to Etsy.  Maybe now is the time! If anyone at eBay reads this forum and really cares what sellers think, maybe you should let sellers decide how to sell their stuff and stop trying to micromanage your own profits by forcing sellers down the path that’s most profitable to ebay.  NOBODY BUYS good til cancelled LISTINGS! What’s the point for sellers even continuing to use eBay?!

Message 20 of 125
latest reply

eBay you’ve done such a disservice to the selling community. Forcing sellers to list BIN listing for 30 days or good till cancelled is just dumb. I’ve been selling on eBay since 1994. I think this is the last straw. We will part ways if this persists. 

Message 21 of 125
latest reply

I would like to have the option, because I want to decide whether I want to be charged for it to automatically resist every month. Thanks 

Message 22 of 125
latest reply

DITTO!!! eBay blew it and we sell similar items. The app sucks now. Had over 100 listings and moved them to Etsy, RubyLane and Instagram.
Message 23 of 125
latest reply

DITTO!!  eBay blew it!  Removed over 100 listings all > $300!!  I thought there was a glitch with the iphone app until I read this thread.  Etsy & Ruby Lane much better.  Use Instagram to promote free of charge....

Adios eBay!!!  Pushed us over the edge.

Message 24 of 125
latest reply

How do I change the duration from my ipad when listing a item? Also I have been cancelling my listing because when I go to edit on my computer it will not allow me to change the duration time. I have no choice but to end the listing to change the duration time. Doing this gets me charge again for listing. How do I get a refund for a error I can not edit?

Message 25 of 125
latest reply

I agree with chelleycorner,  I have to save to draft and use the laptop to change good till cancelled to 30 day listings.  It takes extra time.

Message 27 of 125
latest reply

I seem to be the only one who only has the option to list for 30 days but I want mine good till cancelled. I have huge amounts of listings the have to be relisted on the computer one by one to make them good till cancelled. It is wasting time I could be listing. No one at eBay can help when I call. Does anyone else have this problem?
Message 28 of 125
latest reply

I am also very disappointed in this change.

When an item sells it still counts as an active listing. I imagine unless I end them individually, they will count towards each monthly allotment.

I run 30 day listings, so at that time I can tweak them if I so desire.

I remember there being some issues with Best Match with items that did not have ending times.

I don't want seasonal items to continue to take up space.

I may want to run shorter timeframes on more popular or seasonal items.

I pay for the same service as someone who lists on PC. I want the same flexibility.

Message 29 of 125
latest reply

Not true. Mine is set 30 days for fixed opinion. I can't even change it. Please fix it fast
Message 30 of 125
latest reply