cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by "Ships in 'n' days" (Fast 'N Free) -- or sort by eBay's provided stimated delivery times)

There needs to be any sort of way to either

A) Filter by listings with guaranteed delivery times, like "ships in 3 days"

or

B) Sort by eBay's estimated delivery dates. I know these are not guarantees, but even after selecting only items located in my current country, some items have drastically different estimates.

It is a serious pain to manually browse through dozens of identical items to determine which ones have the most reasonable shipping times. The "Ships in 'n' Days" indicator on the results page can help a bit, but still requires manually looking over the items.

Please implement any solution desired, just give us something! This has been asked about and requested numerous times over the past several years, yet no official response. (At least you don't hide items or ignore the filter when I sort by price like Amazon, AliExpress, and some others do.) In any case, having more filter and sort options is both good for customers, and could encourage more sellers to improve their services to remain competitive!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Filter by "Ships in 'n' days" (Fast 'N Free) -- or sort by eBay's provided stimated de

Not sure about the eBay app, but there is a feature to limit the search results using a desktop browser to items that can be shipped in one, two, three or four days under the Guaranteed Delivery option. This is available in the US at least.

eBay has been changing the way that search works to default to a search page that does not have the option shown, but the option is still available if you change your search URL from ebay.com/sch/ to ebay.com/dsc/ instead. If you search again, the page may default back to /sch/ once more, but you should be able to change back to /dsc/ again:

eburtonlab_0-1634061120970.png

eburtonlab_1-1634061164605.png

Not the most convenient way to search, but if you need an item quickly, this can filter out lots of listings that are too slow or too far away.

eburtonlab_3-1634061469030.png

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Filter by "Ships in 'n' days" (Fast 'N Free) -- or sort by eBay's provided stimated de

Have you read recent USPS announcements?

How can there possibly be any such thing as "Guaranteed Delivery Time"?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

How can there possibly be any such thing as "Guaranteed Delivery Time"?

I think the original poster is less interested in the "guarantee" aspect, and more interested in sorting results by estimated delivery in order to choose items that can be shipped and delivered most quickly.

Given a set of search results, it would be useful to sort in order of those that are estimated to arrive quickest, or at least to eliminate those results that are estimated to arrive after a certain date of the searcher's choosing.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks so much! This definitely helps narrow things down. Yeah, when I'm interested getting an item fairly quickly and not as concerned with minor price differences, having an option with that increases the odds. At the least, it essentially guarantees that the seller will use a regular shipping service, rather than one of the low-priority econo products.

To the other replier, guaranteed in this case applies largely to the policy that eBay will give some money back for late packages. It has some legitimacy, though, as the badges are given to sellers based on their on-time delivery rates. Anecdotally, I've also had pretty good luck with it.

Hopefully this remains available for a long time. Rarely a great sign when features become hidden. (I still miss the "Google Groups" search option from a decade ago! So useful, and now difficult to replicate. Ha )

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You are very welcome.

I agree that the Guaranteed Delivery is an extremely useful filter for weeding out sellers that drop-ship from overseas or that are slow to ship or just too far away. I hope that eBay does not do away with the feature entirely.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Completely agree. This is why Ebay lose sales to Amazon even if the same items are cheaper on ebay. The big appeal of Amazon and why consumers will pay bigger prices is because we can search for next day delivery. Time is money. I'm an Engineer and sometimes I'll pay quite  substantial premium for a part if I can get it more quickly. Ebay are missing a trick here. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply