cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay app missing from recent apps

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The eBay app doesn't show when I select the recent apps button. I'm running Android version 6.0.1 on a Sony Xperia Z2 and app version 5.14.1.0. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 136
latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Re: Ebay app missing from recent apps

It's the same for me. I uninstalled the app, went playstore to my library click on ebay app. Says this app is not compatible with your phone.(HTC ONE X) It also said when I scrolled down it Says Beta Program is full. Doesn't even say what version the ebay app is... Maybe this info will help

Message 46 of 136
latest reply

Same here. Xperia XZ running 6.0.1

Everything standard. Stock launcher.

Have tried reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, even a factory reset. No dice. The Ebay app is the ONLY app that does this so I am 100% convinced that it's a problem with the app itself and this has only happened with the last two versions. It does *not* show up in the multitasking/recent app tray.  As others have stated, the app does remember the last used state. No other app does this either. Please fix.

Message 47 of 136
latest reply

Happens to me too on galaxy s7 edge. Its very annoying, how retarted do the developers need to be to not be able to fix this? This has been going on for a long time....
Hire some developers that are not from 3rd world countries because im starting to give up on the app.
Message 48 of 136
latest reply

This happens to me too (Pixel, Android 8.1), and I'm pretty sure I've figured out why.

If I start the eBay app *from the launcher* (I've used both Nova and stock), then it appears in the recent app history.

But I also receive daily email alerts from eBay. If the eBay app is not running and I click on a link from the Gmail app, which then opens the eBay app, then this problem happens. To fix it, I need to kill eBay and restart it from the launcher. Then it appears in the recent apps again.

Hope this helps some of you, and gives the dev team a way to reproduce the problem.

Message 49 of 136
latest reply

10 points to this man! I've replicated this on my stock S8+ running Android 7.0 and app version 5.17.1.1
Message 50 of 136
latest reply

@phrenq @f00ls_g0ld

Thank you for letting us know these details. We will look into this!

Message 51 of 136
latest reply

I have same problem Ebay app missing from App Store 

Message 52 of 136
latest reply

same here.  Galaxy S5, two-week-old install of rooted Android 5.0, no other changes to phone. worked good until 2 days ago.  just upgraded this afternoon to latest version (5.18.1.2 - expressly to fix this incredibly frustrating problem), and it fixed it- for an hour or two. now, the newest version has the same problem.

come on, guys and girls... fix this.  

~R.

Message 53 of 136
latest reply

This has been an issue for what a year? What an epic fail that you can't fix this and give countless customers a horrible experience, yet encourage them to use the app at the same time with periodic promo codes. Happens on all my devices, had enough, will finally uninstall the bloody app.

Message 54 of 136
latest reply

Stop saying, you are investigating... And stop asking how this happened, everyone has the bug. 

Just be honest and tell people eBay can not afford a (not even good) developer...

What a shame!!  

Message 55 of 136
latest reply

Happening here also... Samsung S9+ stock. Oreo.
Message 56 of 136
latest reply

Same issue here.
Samsung on Samsung s5 and s8plus. standard rom.

ebay app does not show in recent.
Message 57 of 136
latest reply

Hey thanks for your answer, it's solved the issue for me or at least provided a workaround. Thanks again for sharing.
Message 58 of 136
latest reply

1. Visit the Google Play Store and uninstall the app

2. Restart your phone

3. Visit the Google Play Store and install the app

Just what i wanted to do when i needed to see that one name of an item quick!

Message 59 of 136
latest reply

This still isn't fixed? Same issues forever on my Samsung Note 8. At this point it's less frustrating to just uninstall the lame app and use Chrome. 

Message 60 of 136
latest reply